Drizzle rather than icing

seniorbones, Mar 25, 11:11am
I cant remember where I saw drizzle made rather than icing, is it just icing sugar and lemon juice? (for lemon drizzle) they said to use boiling liquid and use straight away as it sets quite fast - faster than icing.

lilyfield, Mar 25, 8:33pm
yes-but i do not use boiling liquid, I drizzle over the hot product-straight out the oven.

geldof, Mar 26, 1:34am
+1
or use caster sugar and juice for over muffins.stays a bit cruchy.

elliehen, Mar 26, 1:40am
I use it...just a very thin mix of icing sugar and water on a cooled cake- witheven a bit of butter if you like ,and flavouring such as vanilla essence or lemon juice.

Drizzle from a spoon in a fast zig-zag across the cake. Makes for good presentation without all the sickly icing.

seniorbones, Mar 26, 11:11am
I cant remember where I saw drizzle made rather than icing, is it just icing sugar and lemon juice! (for lemon drizzle) they said to use boiling liquid and use straight away as it sets quite fast - faster than icing.

elliehen, Mar 27, 1:40am
I use it.just a very thin mix of icing sugar and water on a cooled cake- witheven a bit of butter if you like ,and flavouring such as vanilla essence or lemon juice.

Drizzle from a spoon in a fast zig-zag across the cake. Makes for good presentation without all the sickly icing.

seniorbones, Apr 1, 11:19pm
a bit late to thankyou but thankyou this is exactly what Tamara did on the good morning show but think she just used lemon juice I am doing it today on a rolled sponge type desert.

245sam, Apr 2, 12:34am
seniorbones, have a look at:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning-recipes-latest/mini-bakewell-tarts-4051637

Is that the recipe of Tamara's that you're referring to?If so, the drizzle was simply warm water and icing sugar.:-))

elliehen, Apr 2, 1:47am
Never too late to get feedback :)It's a handy tip - will look good for your dessert.

245sam, Apr 3, 1:34am
seniorbones, have a look at:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning-recipes-latest/mini-bakewell-tarts-4051637

Is that the recipe of Tamara's that you're referring to!If so, the drizzle was simply warm water and icing sugar.:-))

elliehen, Apr 3, 2:47am
Never too late to get feedback :)It's a handy tip - will look good for your dessert.