Mascarpone Berry and Pavlova Trifle

anne1955, Apr 22, 8:30am
x1
Can any one help with the recipe? ? Had a customer today that told me about it. . but couldn't remember it correct name said it was made with a pav layered with berries and a mascarpone custard . . all that I can understand but said the mascarpone custard was made with eggs and egg white beaten seperate... am at a loose tried goole but coun't find anything like it. . any one know the recipe PLEASE have a desert party to go to tomorrow and thought I would make it... thanks Anne

margyr, Apr 22, 8:46am
found this one but it does not use the egg whites;3 extra lge egg yolks
1/4 cup vanilla sugar
250g mascarpone cheese
200ml whipping cream, lightly whipped

Directions
Whisk egg yolks and vanilla sugar in a bowl over a saucepan half full of simmering water for about 3 minutes.
The mixture will thicken in consistency and lighten in colour.
Drizzle a stream of mixture across the surface - when it is visible for a moment then disappears, it's ready. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Gently stir mascarpone cheese into egg mixture, and then fold in cream to form thick, smooth custard.
Do not over mix as can become grainy.
This is delicious, can be used in trifle or with any dessert.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 22, 8:58am
Here's one by Genevieve McGough - Pavlova and Mascarpone Berry Trifle

4 egg yolks
60g castor sugar
200ml cream
100g mascarpone
200g cooked pavlova
250g frozen berries, thawed - or fresh
Method:
Put egg yolks and sugar into a mixing bowl. Using an electric beater, whisk until the yolks triple in volume, turn pale yellow and leave a thick ribbon when you lift the beater from the bowl - about 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl whip the cream until stiff, then beat in the yolk mixture and mascarpone.
Continue to whisk with the beater on high until the cream thickens enough to hold its shape as the beater passes through it.
To assemble the trifle, first crumble the pavlova and cover the base of the serving bowl with half the crumbs. Pour over half the custard, then place half the berries on top. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients and refrigerate until serving.

anne1955, Apr 22, 9:04am
Thanks peopel your treasures. . maybe she (the lady that told me about this recipe) only meant egg yolks , but I thought she had said whites... I will give one or both of these a go tomorrow morning and see how it goes thanks a million again Anne

goodbooks, Apr 22, 9:28am
We could all help you sample it - sounds delicious! lol. .

anne1955, Dec 23, 6:29am
Only to happy to share with you any time you want to visit..I live in Wanaka and work at the NW there so let me know when your coming :)

anne1955, Apr 22, 8:30am
Can any one help with the recipe!Had a customer today that told me about it.but couldn't remember it correct name said it was made with a pav layered with berries and a mascarpone custard .all that I can understand but said the mascarpone custard was made with eggs and egg white beaten seperate.am at a loose tried goole but coun't find anything like it.any one know the recipe PLEASE have a desert party to go to tomorrow and thought I would make it.thanks Anne

margyr, Apr 22, 8:46am
found this one but it does not use the egg whites;3 extra lge egg yolks
1/4 cup vanilla sugar
250g mascarpone cheese
200ml whipping cream, lightly whipped

Directions
Whisk egg yolks and vanilla sugar in a bowl over a saucepan half full of simmering water for about 3 minutes.
The mixture will thicken in consistency and lighten in colour.
Drizzle a stream of mixture across the surface - when it is visible for a moment then disappears, it's ready. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Gently stir mascarpone cheese into egg mixture, and then fold in cream to form thick, smooth custard.
Do not over mix as can become grainy.
This is delicious, can be used in trifle or with any dessert.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 22, 8:58am
Here's one by Genevieve McGough - Pavlova and Mascarpone Berry Trifle

4 egg yolks
60g castor sugar
200ml cream
100g mascarpone
200g cooked pavlova
250g frozen berries, thawed - or fresh
Method:
Put egg yolks and sugar into a mixing bowl. Using an electric beater, whisk until the yolks triple in volume, turn pale yellow and leave a thick ribbon when you lift the beater from the bowl - about 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl whip the cream until stiff, then beat in the yolk mixture and mascarpone.
Continue to whisk with the beater on high until the cream thickens enough to hold its shape as the beater passes through it.
To assemble the trifle, first crumble the pavlova and cover the base of the serving bowl with half the crumbs. Pour over half the custard, then place half the berries on top. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients and refrigerate until serving.

anne1955, Apr 22, 9:04am
Thanks peopel your treasures.maybe she (the lady that told me about this recipe) only meant egg yolks , but I thought she had said whites.I will give one or both of these a go tomorrow morning and see how it goes thanks a million again Anne

goodbooks, Apr 22, 9:28am
We could all help you sample it - sounds delicious! lol.