Has Anyone tried the new Pavlova Magic mix

Page 1 / 3
bcnd, Jun 24, 8:53am
I brought one in groceries today. Interesting only $3 something, heaps cheaper than buying a premade one or making your own

bcnd, Jun 24, 8:54am
x1
It doesn't say whether or not to use warm or cold water. Any thoughts

coolnzmum, Jun 24, 9:04am
Is this like the ones you use to get that come in a plastic egg shaped container that was also a measure for the water. I use to use these years ago and they made really good pavs.

bcnd, Jun 24, 9:15am
Yes it is in a plastic egg shaped container. Edmonds do it. You just add castor sugar & water. Did you used to use warm or cold water

bcnd, Jun 24, 9:16am
Duh just read the instructions on the inside. It says use luke warm

jag5, Jun 24, 10:23pm
They used to be good. I remember when we went to UK back in 1983, I took some with me to make up for family. Brilliant. Good to hear they are back. Will give them a go again.

marcs, Jun 25, 12:16am
I made it recently and did not like it. The taste was not the same as ones made from scratch.

bcnd, Jun 25, 3:08am
I just made mine. it looks fab. I will post tonight how it tastes as it is still 'cooling' in the oven

buzzy110, Jun 25, 6:00am
bcnd. Two questions. Where did you get this product from? Can you please give me a list of the ingredients?

bcnd, Jun 25, 6:15am
x2
Here is a photo to give you some indication of size. I hadn't put any cream on it. It turned out quite good & tastes lovely. Not too sweet. Heaps of crunch. Mellow has dropped a bit on the inside, but my oven in playing up temperature wise

I got mine from pack in save in the cake mixes aisle. It is in a egg shaped sort of container. Ingredients. ewww just fished it out of the rubbish bin... ... . . sugar, egg white, glucose syrup, starch (maize), geletine, vegetable gum (guar), milk protein, food acid (citric). Says in bold contains milk and egg as indicated

buzzy110, Jun 26, 5:11am
x1
Thank you for your kind response to my questions bcnd. I was just curious. It certainly came out looking lovely. Lol. I am the worst person at following instructions for cooking up processed foods. If I made one it wouldn't look anywhere as good as that. Mine would probably have orange and green streaks through it and be all caved in.

celosia, Jun 26, 6:17am
bcnd that is so impressive! Must look next time I go to supermarket.

biggyrat, Jun 26, 7:21am
Wow that looks so so Awsome... what is this mix called and who make it, and most of all who stocks it? ? PaknSave? ? ? ?

bcnd, Jun 26, 10:16am
It was just called Pavalova Magic. It is an Edmonds Mix. Very easy. You fill the top of the egg with warm water & the bottom of the egg with castor sugar. Beat the premix with the water for about 5 - 7 mins. Sprinkle on your castor sugar & beat again for a minute. Cook it in the oven for an hour & then leave it to cool in the oven

biggyrat, Jun 26, 11:28pm
Cool , will look at the Supermarts down here. . It sounds Awsome. .

biggyrat, Jun 30, 10:10am
Are you sure its an Edmonds Product? ?
I thought it may be White Wings from Aussie? ? It does not appear to be on the Edmonds Website? ?

bcnd, Jun 30, 10:22am
Yes sure is. I brought another one. 0800 376 3778 edmondscooking.co.nz

biggyrat, Jun 30, 11:59pm
Cool... just havin a prob down here in Welly, getting hold of this incredable product. . edmonds is actually 0800 805255
Ta

grannypam, Jul 1, 12:03am
I looked at them yesterday . . put it down, picked it up again and put it down again. . you know how it goes. .

In the end I thought nah ! ! we dont need it. . lol

in hindsight I wish I had . . lol

rebecca12, Jul 1, 12:06am
I looked at them at the supermarket aswell, only because the packaging is cute. I'm surprised how little sugar you add to it.

guest, Jul 2, 5:08am
Finally got them...PKN Save Petone...Those Guys were so so Helful..

southerngurl, Jul 3, 7:23am
would it work with something like Splenda or do you have to use sugar?

biggyrat, Jul 3, 11:15pm
Do you bake these on Baking Paper or a Tin or a Tray... ours has turned out a complete and utter disaster! ! ! Mind yun we used a Hand Beater ? ?

biggyrat, Jul 3, 11:16pm
And to top it off we have the Kids comming for Dinner! ! Grrrrrrr

vanilla2, Jul 5, 2:29am
yes i have last night not as good as the on i make with fresh eggs but still ok