Has Anyone tried the new Pavlova Magic mix

Page 2 / 3
cookessentials, Jul 5, 2:44am
Cant say i have - I do prefer to make my own if and when required.

lexa5, Jul 5, 3:15am
oh man, i looked at it at the supermarket the other day and thought naaah wont work. . wish i had bought one now! next time

cookessentials, Jul 5, 3:30am
You can get a nice, high pav by baking it in a springform tin - works a treat.

pickles7, Jul 5, 11:30pm
The last pav I made was higher than, my mouth is wide. . without the cream.

guest, Aug 3, 2:40am
Finally got one...they are just the Bomb..so so easy to make and much cheaper than using eggs ect ect..we loved it

biggyrat, Aug 3, 2:42am
Will buy again..probably 2..

momma1, Oct 16, 2:15am
we made one of these yesterday.....surprisingly easy and it came out looking great. sadly when we ate it it has a really strong eggy taste and the kids said tastes like farts and i agree. we wont be trying it again and maybe my dad was rigth all those years ago...you get what you pay for/easy isn't always better

mallee, Oct 16, 2:49am
Some hubby's do ave em. I wondered what a Pavarotti Magic mix was.
Some other tenors, perhapes. :-) ;-)

andi.surf, Oct 16, 4:01am
tried it, gross even my teenage son wouldnt eat it.

patsy06, Oct 16, 6:51am
I dont think 1 cup sugar, 3 egg whites, H20, 3tps cornflour and pinch of salt would cost anywhere near $3...plus you know it's a 'real pav'!

standard, Oct 16, 8:24am
Does it take a lot of beating as I don't own an electric beater?
Thanks

nik12, Oct 16, 9:50am
biggyrat didn't have much luck with a handbeater.. I tried to make a 'normal' pav once with a hand beater when I was flatting, it didn't work :-)

gardie, Oct 16, 7:01pm
There is no way this is cheaper than making your own - especially seen as how you are adding the sugar yourself.My pav has 4 egg white, sugar and a couple of other things - probably cost between $1.50 and 2.00 to make.

chrisynz, Oct 16, 8:23pm
we made one and it was discusting

momma1, Oct 16, 9:20pm
its good to know we were not alone in the fact it didn't taste so good. we usually make our own pav's but my 16 yr old son saw the packet and asked if he could buy it and make it and I thought wow a boy wanting to make a pav, hell yeah i'll say yes lol but maybe we might make our own next time and i'll get him involved so he sees how easy it is.

sticky232, Oct 16, 10:11pm
Yes made one up liked it so did my sons bought another havent used it yet

shan63, Nov 2, 4:22am
I have made this myself and a friend also. They both turned out superb and were deffinitly easy to make.

minn1, Nov 3, 2:12am
just my immediate thoughts , in response to rebeccas comment about how little suger she added......the first ingredient bcnd listed as per the packaging was sugar, -so am thinking there is way more sugar than you think ,as they are listed in order of amount. Would be interesting to know what the TOTAL amount is,once the extra sugar is added at home.
I looked at it too in the supermarlet,as the packaging is so jolly cute....but put it down, just another processed thing at the end of the day.

dragonzflame, Nov 3, 2:45am
Hmmm, the only time I made a pav mum's electric beaters crapped out halfway through (they were old and I think I overheated them - thought I killed them but they came back to live eventually!) and I had to finish it by hand with a balloon whisk. It actually came out great - had a bloody sore arm though!

destiny6nz, Nov 3, 3:34am
i didnt know you could buy that. Im going to buy some tomorrow thanks

angelstarr1, Dec 15, 5:16am
My daughter made one of these and it was really nice, not like the original ones but it was still yummmmm

tarankyle, Dec 15, 6:28am
I brought one this week also but have not made it up yet. It is for my son on his birthday next thursday. I got mine from New World

lost-in-oz, Dec 15, 10:45am
I've made one of these as I got it as a sample.

I wasn't overly fussed as I found it quite sickly sweet.The kids loved it though and it did turn out nice and large.

alebix, Dec 15, 11:02am
I might get one but I prefer to make my own, but saying that im going to buy one for xmas day as with this heat its not going to last very long plus I dont want my oven going in the heat too...

hayde, Dec 16, 9:25pm
I have brought two of these so far and they turned out ok. Im baking the other one as we speak and i will put cream, passionfruit, kiwifruit ans srawberries on top (all in moderation)