Recipe for a small Pavlova

korbo, Jan 1, 12:25am
b1b21.i posted a recipe yesterday, and it has made a nice smallish size.only 2 of us as well.
type my user name in lefthand side and look for it.

jojonz1, Jan 1, 9:33am
I use the yolks and make a lemon filling, pop that on pav then add the cream, really yummy.

b1b21, Dec 30, 8:59pm
Has anyone got a recipe for a small Pav..there are only the 2 of us ..seems silly to make a big one.

245sam, Dec 30, 9:09pm
b1b21, sorry I can't right now recall if I have a small pav recipe but instead I have a couple of suggestions for you based on the fact that pavlovas freeze perfectly.....To make it really worthwhile heating and using the oven I suggest that you make "a big one" as one big pav and freeze what is not required or, alternatively, make the mixture for "a big one" and bake it as small/individual pavlovas, and again, freeze those that are not required.

Because of pavlovas' high sugar contact they don't freeze hard and a portion or portions can easily be cut off for immediate use, direct from the freezer.

Hope that helps.:-))

cookessentials, Dec 30, 9:18pm
Yes. I would suggest the same. Or you could make a smaller one and then make smaller meringue nests which you could freeze between sheets of baking paper and thenutilise them later on filled with cream ( maybe limoncello flavoured) and fresh berry fruits.

harrislucinda, Dec 30, 10:08pm
my3eggsturnedoutjustforthe2ofus3eggs6ozsugar1tspess1tspvinegar300deg for20minthenturnovenoffandleavethiswasaoldrecipefrom acookinglady gwenkerr

kiwifidget, Dec 31, 11:46pm
there is no such thing as too much pavlova!

korbo, Jan 1, 12:25am
b1b21..i posted a recipe yesterday, and it has made a nice smallish size.only 2 of us as well.
type my user name in lefthand side and look for it.

fifie, Jan 1, 12:59am
lol agree, i have a big one smothered in berries for 2 about to have first helping shortly. SentDH shopping to buy little ones and he came home with a cowelsone the biggest he could findcause it looked good.

jojonz1, Dec 27, 10:12pm
I use the yolks and make a lemon filling, pop that on pav then add the cream, really yummy..