Christmas Day dessert ideas please

Page 4 / 4
nauru, Dec 18, 7:34pm
Because it is Christmas and it's great to have a variety, especially when you are catering for a lot of people as everyone will then find something to their taste, not everyone likes Christmas Pud. In our family, we always share the food prep and we decide who will bring what. That way all the work doesn't fall on the host and we can all relax and enjoy the day.

pheebs1, Dec 18, 8:02pm
ha ha!
all this talk makes me laugh i know which house id rather be at!
at our house there probably were at least 5 or more deserts for perhaps 12-26 people
always ambrosia, boysenberry trifle, pavlova, some years white chocolate profiteroles, apricot cheesecake tart,
i have had dessert for breakfast yum!

i guess for us we dont usually have desserts on a normal given day so for xmas we go mad!
and its such a treat and for those with big gatherings its easier to do several med sized desserts than to have to make one enormous dessert to serve everyone

griffo4, Dec 18, 8:22pm
No trouble bluetigerr l am going to make it so looking forward to trying it out as well
Merry Christmas to you and your family

griffo4, Dec 18, 8:28pm
Leanne here is a recipe for White choc and strawberry that someone posted on here last year but l am sure you could use raspberries
You could use any cheesecake recipe with choc in and replace it with white choc and add raspberries
Good Luck
l have posted a 2nd recipe l also found
Let us know how you get on

White Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake (serves 12)
Base
160g gingernut or digestive biscuit crumbs
1 tsp ginger or cinnamon
80g melted butter
Filling
300g cream cheese
200g marscapone or sour cream
150g sweetened condensed milk
3 tsp powdered gelatine
125ml hot water
220g white chocolate
1 punnet of strawberries

Mix biscuit crumbs, butter and spice together and press into a 20cm pie dish. Refrigerate.

Beat cream cheese until fluffy, then add marscapone or sour cream and sweetened condensed milk and beat to combine. Melt chocolate, and beat into mixture. Dissolve gelatine in hot tap water and stir until crystals have dissolved, then mix into filling until just combined.

Halve the strawberries and place over the chilled base, starting in the centre and working outwards. Pour the mixture over the strawberries and chill for 3-4 hours to set. Serve chilled, with extra berries if desired

White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
Ingredients
Base
300 gram packet extra nice chocolate chip cookies
70 gram packet hazelnuts, roasted and skinned
100 grams butter, melted
White Chocolate Filling
1 tablespoon gelatine
¼ cup cold water
1 vanilla pod
250 grams crème fraîche
¼ cup caster sugar
1¼ cups cream
¼ cup Greek-style yoghurt
250 grams white chocolate
Raspberry Purée
500 grams frozen raspberries, thawed
¼ cup icing sugar
fresh berries and/or white chocolate curls to serve

Method
Base
1.Place the chocolate chip cookies and roasted hazelnuts in a food processing bowl and process until lightly crushed. Pour in the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press into the base of a 23-cm baking-paper lined spring form tin and refrigerate until required.
Filling
1.In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the water and leave to swell. Dissolve the gelatine by heating in the microwave for 15 seconds on high or stand the bowl over hot water. Set aside.
2.Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds; mix with the crème fraîche and sugar and beat well.
3.Beat 1 cup of the cream until thickened, but not stiff. Fold into the crème fraîche mixture alternatively with the yoghurt.
4.Grate half the white chocolate and fold into the crème fraîche mixture.
5.Break the remaining chocolate into pieces and mix with the remaining cream and microwave on high power for 1 minute or until the chocolate has just melted. Stir until smooth.
6.Gently stir the cooled melted chocolate into the crème fraîche mixture with the dissolved gelatine. Pour into the prepared spring form tin and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into wedges to serve and garnish with fresh berries and white chocolate curls. Accompany with raspberry purée.
7.Raspberry Puree Put the raspberries though a mouli or process into a food processor and then sieve to make a smooth sauce. Sweeten to taste with icing sugar and chill until ready to serve

elliehen, Dec 18, 8:31pm
Listen to National Radio's ninetonoon with Kathryn Ryan at 11.30 this morning, you'll hear Ruth Pretty describe this dessert.The recipe is available afterwards on the radio nz website.

11:30 Guest chef Ruth Pretty

Amaretto and Sweet Cherry Tiramisu

elliehen, Dec 18, 10:07pm
Bump.and other goodie recipes from Ruth too.coming up.

elliehen, Dec 18, 10:42pm
Latest recipes lurking on the radio nz website for anyone who hasn't been there before.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/genre/recipes

nauru, Dec 19, 7:34pm
Because it is Christmas and it's great to have a variety, especially when you are catering for a lot of people as everyone will then find something to their taste, not everyone likes Christmas Pud. In our family, we always share the food prep and we decide who will bring what. That way all the work doesn't fall on the host and we can all relax and enjoy the day. My dessert contribution this year is a ginger cream log.

ankmika, Dec 21, 8:37pm
For desert we always have the same in our largeish family ambrosia,home made pavlova,trifle and fruit salad sometimes a steamed pud and I always take some jelly's and mousse (along with the ambrosia)as sometimes the kids just like jelly after a hearty feed.

free-h-oldies, Dec 22, 10:15am
Please cooks can I come to your place your Chrissie Dinner your menu sounds yum .Merry xmas to you all and thanks for all the wonderful ideas i have got off this board during the year