Frying saucers

mas45, Oct 3, 12:30am
x5
Does anyone remember these tasty little beasties that were produced by a company called Haymarket! They had a mince and vege filling and some kind of potato casing and they tasted fantastic. They lived in the frozen section and great for a snack. Has anyone dabbled with a recipe for said wee beasties! Matt

pericles, Oct 3, 12:35am
remember them, sorry never tried to make them

beebs, Oct 3, 12:38am
x2
sigh.i had high hopes you were reporting a sighting of them in a supermarket.puts handbag and keys away.

jan2242, Oct 3, 12:58am
x1
Yum, they were awesome.

mas45, Oct 3, 1:07am
Don't worry I share your disappointment. I was thinking of making some patties and freezing them and then coating them with a seasoned almost gnocchitype of coating! I just thought some of the guns on here might have had a go at it.

cookessentials, Oct 3, 1:17am
I remember them, they were slightly spicy in taste if I remember correctly.

daleaway, Oct 3, 4:01am
They were very strongly seasoned and mostly too salty for me, though the basic premise was a good one. I miss them!

cookessentials, Oct 3, 4:23am
http://www.filmarchive.org.nz/sellebration/1960s.phptake alook at some of these beauties LOl we could always put them in the un-authentic thread!

cat, Jul 25, 2:54am
x1
Please, please bring these little beaties back. If they can do it for a biscuit, surely we can get the best things on earth back in our supermarkets too!