Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 47 / 54
sam924, Dec 12, 11:31pm
Turkish Pide Bread
Ingredients: 4 teaspoons active dry yeast 1/2 teaspoon sugar 1/2 cup warm water 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour 3 1/2 cups bread flour 1 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon lukewarm water 2 eggs, lightly beaten Nigella seeds and/or sesame seeds

sam924, Dec 12, 11:32pm
Method for. Pide Bread.
Dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water and let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes, until frothy. Stir in the flour, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 30 minutes. To finish the dough, put the flour in a large bowl, made a well in the center, and put in the sponge, salt, olive oil, and lukewarm water. Gradually work in the flour to make a soft and sticky dough.

sam924, Dec 12, 11:33pm
Khoubiz- Pita Bread.
Servings: 8 loaves Ingredients: 1/2 ounce active dry yeast 1 teaspoon sugar 2 1/2 cups warm water 8 cups plain flour 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 teaspoons salt 3 tablespoons oil Instructions:

sam924, Dec 12, 11:34pm
continue with pita bread. continue with pita bread.
Instructions: Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup of the lukewarm water. Stir in the sugar. Set aside in a warm place. Leave it until it begins to rise up and foam. This will take about 15 minutes. Sift the salt and flour together into a large, warm mixing bowl. Form a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the yeast into the center. Gently mix the yeast into the flour. Mix by hand, adding small amounts of warm water if necessary.

sam924, Dec 12, 11:35pm
continue with pita bread. continue with pita bread.
Divide into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball. On the floured board flatten each ball and roll with a heavy rolling pin into flat round shapes approximately 1/4 inch or 6mm thick. They should be about 12 inches in diameter. Place the flattened bread rounds on a lightly floured cloth. Cover this with another floured cloth set in a warm spot to rise again to double their size. This should take about 30 minutes. Pre heat the baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes. Carefully rub the tray with oil. Place one round at a time on the baking tray. Cook 5 - 9 minutes. The bread should swell in the middle and become a light brown in color. Remove from the oven and wrap in a clean cloth to keep moist. The swelling will disappear when the bread is removed from the oven. Continue this procedure with the remaining rounds.

juliewn, Dec 13, 1:05pm
Bumping for Grain breads. :-)

juliewn, Dec 13, 1:13pm
Bumping for Superstitious and others. :-)

bajan1, Dec 14, 4:07am
this is such great reading! it'll be a book.thick book.after all the printing!

bajan1, Dec 14, 4:11am
i have made the yoghurt cakes. lemon and chocolaye.from the easyo yoghurt maker recipe book.recommend.what about yoghurt bread.excuse me if i may have missed this as not read all the pages yet!

juliewn, Dec 14, 10:14am
Hi Sam. thanks for sharing your wonderful recipes. mmmm they sound sooo good. :-)

juliewn, Dec 14, 10:18am
Hi Pixie. I'm currently using an oven that doesn't have a fan - and when using one with a fan, I use the same temperature - just keep watch on the bread or rolls - once they start to show a light brown colour, check them with a skewer to see if they are cooked - to do this, I put the skewer in from the side where it's less brown, rather than from the top, as you would do when checking whether a cake is cooked. Enjoy your goodies. :-)

juliewn, Dec 14, 10:26am
Hi Bajan. I'm glad you're enjoying the recipes everyone has posted in the thread - and all the other threads too. isn't this recipe message board awesome. :-) That's a great idea about adding yoghurt - you couldsubstitute your favourite yoghurt as part of the liquid in a recipe. If there are 2 cups of luke warm water in a recipe, I'd try placing say 1/2 cup of yoghurt in a measuring jug, and add hot tap water a little at a time, and cold water if needed, to give 2 cups of yoghurt/water mix that is luke warm in temperature. Make your bread/rolls as per the recipe - you may need to use a little less flour perhaps, as the actual water quantity is less and the yoghurt has a different texture. Using a plain yoghurt in this way would probably be very good when making a savoury type of bread with herbs added. as it would enhance the flavour of the bread. Hope this helps. Cheers. Julie

bajan1, Dec 14, 8:46pm
many thanx julie! that would have been my next query.substituting in yoghurt and how much to use.

churchmousenz, Dec 14, 10:26pm
Thanks Bunny Happy camper here. So proud of the loaves that I am getting out of the Sunbeam Quatum Smartbake now.
Their recipe had too much flour. I put in 500grams not 600 like they say and I am working out the yeast as you say 1 tsp to 1 cup flour.
Just been making the 750gm one as that is big enough for us but next week have visitors so will try the bigger loaves.

juliewn, Dec 15, 9:20am
You're most welcome Bajan. let us know how you like it. enjoy! :-)

bajan1, Dec 16, 8:30am
some believe that happiness is creating a great bread

juliewn, Dec 17, 12:26pm
That's great you're enjoying making your bread Churchmouse. you can use a recipe as a base, and change some of the flour into other flours or grains too.

targa2, Dec 17, 11:38pm
Anyone have pumpkin Bread Recipe! PLEASE! I just got myself a breadmaker yesterday (a Xmas pressie to myself) and was gutted when going through the book it didn't have this recipe. Too lazy to go through all 7 pages of this thread to see if anyone has posted a pumpkin recipe. Thanks in advance

churchmousenz, Dec 18, 12:24am
Thanks Juliewn I am going to use it today as a base for my cinnamon and raisen loaf tonight.Will try adding 2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of raisins.

juliewn, Dec 18, 11:37am
Hi Targa. here's a quick way to look for a recipe or a thread.ps. a quick way to look for a recipe or thread:
Have the messageboard on your screen - or the bread thread open, etc. On the lower left of your keyboard, hold down the control (Ctrl) key, and at the same time press the letter "F". A box will pop up. Type a word you're looking for - ie "pumpkin" and click next. and again. until you find what you're looking for. or until you've found all the threads or posts with that word in. Not on that page! Go to the next one and repeat. makes it easy to find any thread or posts in a thread that you're looking for. Cheers.

juliewn, Dec 18, 2:34pm
Hi. I'm guessing it. will taste very good.

chab, Dec 21, 3:51am
Thanks Juliewn a great site

targa2, Dec 21, 9:52pm
Thanks Juliewn Great tip and I will bump and grab the fiddy while Im here

targa2, Dec 21, 9:56pm
Did the search and still couldn't find a pumpkin bread recipe for my breadmaker :-( Would appreciate it if someone could post it on here if they have one. Pleassssse

juliewn, Dec 22, 12:11am
Hi Targa. I remember seeing something about pumpkin bread recently in the threads here. I've not made pumpkin bread. I would make it this way. Boil, bake or roast some pumpkin - and mash well or whizz in a food processor. Leave to cool till luke warm - not cold, as having it luke warm won't stop the yeast working. Make my bread recipe from page one of this thread - I'd use some wholemeal or wholegrain flour, or cornmeal, ryemeal etc. too - about 1/2 to 1 cup in place of the equivalent of white flour. I would add about a cup of the mashed pumpkin to the warm water - and mix well so the pumpkin distributes well through the water. Check the temperature of the mix to make sure it's luke warm so the yeast will activate when you mix this into the flour. Proceed with the recipe - adding the wholemeal/etc., flour first - you'll probably find you'll need less white flour.