Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 54 / 54
juliewn, Mar 12, 3:12am
For those who don't have a manual with an appliance, including bread machines, manuals are sometimes available on this site: http://www.kitchenmanuals.com/

unknowndisorder, Mar 19, 10:01am
and a bump :)

juliewn, Mar 24, 7:35am
ps. if you don't have an instruction book for your new breadmaker, check this site out for a manual: http://www.kitchenmanuals.com/manuals/device/bread_maker.html

juliewn, Mar 24, 7:37am
pss. this will take you to the Breville page of the site. http://www.kitchenmanuals.com/manuals/mfg/breville/breville_bread_maker_product_list.html

spiral21, May 22, 1:05am
i have now tried to make 2 loaves of wholemeal bread, both came out really dense, the first tasted way too yeasty, the second is nicer but still yeasty, i did let it prove.heres the last recipe i used: http://www.deliaonline.com/cookery-school/how-to/how-to-make-wholemeal-bread,19,AR.html
please help! whats wrong with my bread lol

juliewn, May 27, 2:24pm
Hi Toenails. check out this site - the manual for your breadmaker may be included: http://www.kitchenmanuals.com/ .hope this helps.

artemis, Aug 20, 11:34pm
Breadmaker English Muffins. Not sure if this has been posted before. These are surprisingly easy to make and way cheaper than buying. The recipe below is off the internet and worked well. I didn't have cornmeal so used wholemeal flour at step 4 and it was fine. I cut them out using a 450g tin so they were smaller than the bought ones, recipe made 18, but could fit more into the pan. I cooked the first lot right at the end of the dough cycle, and left the others to rise for 20 mins or so. Found no difference, they all turned out the same. I found they cooked faster than the recipe said and that I needed to keep a reasonably close eye on them.

1 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour (or more)
1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast cornmeal
Directions: 1 Put ingredients in the machine in the order listed. 2 Start the dough cycle. 3 When the cycle is finished. 4 Sprinkle corn meal over your work area. 5 Use your hands to pat the dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. 6 Turn the dough so that each side gets lightly coated with cornmeal. 7 Cut into 8 to 10 rounds. 8 An empty large tuna can works well When you run out of dough gather up the trimmings and cut more rounds. 9 Place the rounds on a baking sheet, cover and let rise for 20- 30 minutes--until not quite double. 10 Heat a dry cast iron skillet or griddle over a low flame. 11 (I do spray mine with Pam). 12 Cook the muffins about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. 13 They should be golden brown when you turn them. 14 Split the muffins with a fork or serrated knife and serve warm. 15 These freeze well and can be reheated in the microwave or toasted.

juliewn, Oct 30, 9:48am
Thanks Artemis. I'll try your recipe.

I did something similar recently, though not using a bread machine, mixing the dough with enough flour to make a thickish batter. left it to rise till doubled in size, stirred it, then dropped large spoonsful onto a hot pan, in a similar way to when making pikelet's. turned when lightly browned. they worked well too. were rather moreish actually!

gerry64, Oct 31, 1:28am
I am going to give english muffins a try -just a quick question the only iron skillet I have is rippled - can I use my non stick frypan or could I cook them in the oven

juliewn, Oct 31, 9:46am
Hi Gerry. yes, use the non-stick pan. in the oven they'd come out more like rolls. I used a stainless steel pan with great results. enjoy your goodies :-)

gerry64, Oct 31, 9:30pm
Cheers juliewn - I made them yesterday -remembered I had an old electric frypan buried in the back of the cupboard so used that - they turned out spot on - would certainly make them again

pheebs1, Nov 1, 2:38am
help!
i have made this recipe perfectly on the dough cycle as i hadnt trusted the
breadmaker, baked it in oven no problem
so i thought id try it in the breadmaker and it has sunk
help!

300ml water
2 and 1/2cups high grade flour 1/2 cup wholemeal
1tbsp sugar
1tbsp yeast
1tsp salt
2 tbsp oil

i put it on basic as it only has a little wholemeal in it
basic light setting goes for about 2hours40

so whats going wrong guys i despair!

ps should i have let the water sugar and yeast prove before i added
everything else!
i wouldnt have thought i needed to
soooooooooo dissapointing!

pheebs1, Nov 1, 2:38am
ps its a cascade breadmaker
looks fairly standard though

wendalls, Nov 2, 10:09pm
Pheebs you have done better than me then. At least yours worked in the oven! I have given up on my breadmaker as it never rises enough. My first breadmaker had no probs. today i tried juliewns basic recipe. first problem. I have no hot water cupboard so i left it in the sun and it rose nicely. The sun went away and i thought i needed more heat so put it in the warm oven.not too warm it had cooled a lot. Because my oven is small i jammed my rolls onto a tray

wendalls, Nov 2, 10:17pm
A slice tray. and some in a loaf tin. The tray ones expanded sideways and the loaf one not much. i should have left the loaf to rise further but no i took them out to pre heat the oven then put them on fan bake since using 2 racks at 210 . After 25 mins they were golden, flat as, crunchy, poor excuses for bread!
Any suggestions welcomed for next time! My kids at least r not fussy.

wendalls, Nov 2, 10:24pm
Oops. I do need to add a huge thanks to you Juliewn for a very inspiring thread!

pheebs1, Nov 3, 7:22pm
bump for more help in my sad old bread maker.
read above and help if you can
thanks

wendalls, Nov 4, 9:32am
Another bump for me tooo.

pheebs1, Nov 10, 9:33pm
help!

lollie22, Nov 11, 3:14am
I looked in here for the first time this morning as we purchased a bread maker yesterday and I saw the recipe for ham mayo cheese twists, stole recipe and adapted it used onion,mayo,bacon,cheese and sun dried tomato! My mans on his second one already and both kids scoffed there's a great success for a first timer will definitely be doing those again will have to find a gluten free recipe fora dough so I can try them

wendalls, Nov 15, 4:04am
Thanks lbell. I successfully made your yummy twirls today. Happy kids at home time! No need to throw away the breadmaker just yet! I will try out juliewn's bread again soon. New yeast, at room temp, sunny day to double in size, not so sticky dough. I needed to add an extra half a cup of flour today and it was still slightly sticky.