Tin Goose Cafe Banana Bread Recipe

tommydog, Jun 21, 3:45am
Hi was just wondering if anyone has this cookbook and would be kind enough to put the recipe on this thread. A million thankyou's if you do.

choccy2, Jun 21, 9:16am
If you look on my listings you will get my email and if you mail me your phone number I will call with recipe from Tin Goose.Cheers.

marcs, Jun 21, 9:32am
Please post on here. I am looking for a really nice banana bread recipe. I live in Auz. Thank you very much

babytears, Jun 21, 11:14pm
Without wanting to sound horrible - wouldn't it just be easier to post the recipe in here? I'd love it too

bren16, Jun 21, 11:43pm
This is really nice!!!!!!!
MONKEY BREAD...........Serves 8-10: prep 10min: cook 1hr..

100G BUTTER
1 2/3 CUPS SELF RAISING FLOUR
2/3 CUP BROWN SUGAR
3/4 CUP RAISINS
3 VERY RIPE BANANAS...I put in 1 xtra
2 EGGS
2 TABLESPOONS HONEY

1. Preheat oven to moderate 180 c. lightly grease and line a small10cm x 20cm loaf pan. Rub butter and flour together until it resembles breadcrumbs, add raisins and brown sugar.
2. Mash bananas in separate bowl, add eggs,honey and dry ingredients, mix until combined, spoon in pan, bake 1 HOUR, cool and serve with butter....I usually double the mixture.......Soooooooo Yummy!!!!....Cheers....Bren

mkbooks, Jun 21, 11:48pm
Will this slice easi;y + toast?-thanks

bren16, Jun 22, 12:02am
Yes..........slices easily, not sure about toasting, there's never any left here....lol......can't see why not....Cheers

marcs, Jun 22, 10:47am
YUM. Thank you so very much. Will give it a go this weekend as have some bananas in the freezer. Current fresh banana prices in Auz is $13kg so won't buy any fresh ones yet but when they are cheaper, I will make sure I stock up in my freezer again.

beewee, Jun 22, 8:14pm
TIN GOOSE FABULOUS BANANA BREAD
6 ripe bananas plus 1 banana for garnish
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Soften butter in pot, add mashed banana and mix well.beat eggs and add slowly to banana mix.Remove pot from heat and add sugar, flour, coconut and vanilla essence.Place in loaf tin then slice banana in lengths over raw mix.Cook @ 165 C for 1 hour or until cooked.
flour

pam.delilah, Jun 22, 8:19pm
hi beewee, how much butter? It is missing for above

beewee, Jun 22, 8:58pm
I just rang the Tin Goose as the recipe does not have the amount.It is 250grams of butter.

pam.delilah, Jun 22, 10:06pm
thanks, Pam

cookessentials, Jun 22, 10:20pm
I love the name of the cafe'!

tommydog, Jun 27, 7:07am
Thanks people's for all your efforts in getting that recipe "happy brunching".