Banana Bread does anyone have a recipe!

somethingsexy, Jan 7, 12:28am
I'm sure there used to be a recipe in the old edmonds cook book I got from my nan but. My partner doesnt like old things and brought me a new one and threw out the old edition arrrrgh

clair4, Jan 7, 2:09am
Banana Loaf
1-3/4 cups self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk75gbutter, melted
1 cup mashed banana
Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl.Ina nother bowl beat eggs.Stir in milk, butter ande banana.Mix quickly into dry ingredients, stirring until ingredients are just combined.Spoon into a greased and lined 23cm lolaf tin.Bake at 180o for 45-55 minutes.Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out into a cooling rack.

Hope this is the one you are looking for

cageyduchess, Jan 7, 5:22am
The best way to warm up your house and make you feel like cosying up to the fire this winter is this delightful banana bread.
INGREDIENTS

2 bananas
2 tablespoons golden syryp
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup self-raising flour
pinch of salt
METHOD

Heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).

Grease and line the base of a loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, mash bananas then add golden syryp. Add sugar and stir in.
Add egg, sifted flour and salt and lightly mix until combined.

Pour into loaf pan and cook for 30 minutes or until a skewer is inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool.

Enjoy it warm straight from the oven or lightly grill it and then enjoy with butter melting on top.

Tip: you can also make variations to this by throwing in a handful of chopped dates just before pouring into tin to bake or adding choc chips to make a choc banana bread.

flower-child01, Jan 7, 11:45pm
Hi somethingsexy, I have three old editions of the book I will have a look in the hour and if so will post.

flower-child01, Jan 7, 11:53pm
I have just looked and sorry only banana cake. If wanting a banana bread recipe I have one on my site (plus a lot of my recipes are there too), plus if there are any other recipes you are after you can get me at http://brama-sole.co.nz

flower-child01, Jan 7, 11:53pm
I have just looked and sorry only banana cake. If there are any other recipes you are after you can get me on http://brama-sole.co.nz, plus most of my recipes are there too. Most I say becasue there are many more to add, try out etc.

cylindra, Jan 8, 1:01am
I made this last week - was amazing and so easy.http://www.thepinkwhisk.co.uk/category/banana

bev00, Nov 7, 9:30am
Here's a Banana Bread recipe that I have made in the past:
Makes one 21 x 11cm loaf

200g plain flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp wheatgerm
65g butter at room temperature
115g caster sugar
3/4 tsp grated lemon rind
3 ripe bananas mashed
2 eggs beaten

Preheat oven to 80C. Grease and flour loaf tin
Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in wheatgerm.
In a 2nd bowl, combine the butter with the caster sugar and lemon rind. Beat mixture until light and fluffy.
Add mash bananas and eggs and mix well.
Add dry ingredients and blend until all mixed evenly.
Spoon into loaf tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Cool in tin for 5 minutes and then turn out on to wire rack to cool completely.

For a change, add 50g of either chopped walnuts or pecan nuts to the dry ingredients.

Quotepnlnj (235 )10:49 am, Mon 8 Nov #3
It's huge over this side of the ditch!. every cafe has banana bread for sale I had never heard of it before moving here.
My SD would eat it 24/7 if possible.
It is really like a 'heavy bread cut very thickly & toasted usually.
My breadmaker has a recipe for it
200ml water
1 egg
2/3 bananas
2Tbs butter or oil
3/4 tsp salt
1/5 C milk powder
1/5 C sugar
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp yeast

cut the bananas into peices & add after the other ingredients then select 'sweet' menu & start.
Add the butter 10mins after the knead process begins to produe a better loaf.

It's not bad.(I prefer cake myself) I'd use ripe bananas (but not AS ripe as in cakes) & the more the better it really does have the big hunks of banana thru it as opposed to spread thru like a banana cake or even a loaf has.

You do slice it like a loaf of bread & toasting it is rather yummy!

Quotefebes1 (39 )11:23 am,