Banana bread in breadmaker

korbo, Jan 25, 9:11am
Does anyone have a good tried yummy recipe for making Banana bread in a breadmaker. Tried a sample at supermarket today, and at $4.59 a loaf (smallish), I thought it should be able to be made at home.

wish.star, Jan 27, 7:14am
I used our breadmaker for the first time a couple of weeks ago.Baked the first plain loaf and it was so yummy, I thought I'd be clever and try a banana bread.I used the bread recipe then added 6 squashed bananas, sugar and cinnamon.DON'T DO THAT! It was horrible and in fact tasted slightly poisonous. Even the kids who are far from fussy spat it out.The chickens seemed to think it was ok though.

korbo, Jan 27, 8:17pm
aweeee, thanks for that. I am sure somewhere there is a recipe that will be ok. guess i should go to the library and check cookbooks.
hoping someone still will find one.

craftee, Feb 1, 3:27am
bump cos I'd like to have a go at making non poisonous banana bread :)

bev00, Nov 30, 9:51am
From an earlier thread.

"Banana macadamia nut bread.
*750gm loaf.*
3 &1/2 tsps surebake red cap yeast
525gms flour
60 gms sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1egg
40gms margarine
3/4 cup mashed banana
125mls water (warm-hot)
1/2cup chopped macadamia nuts *or chopped walnuts* (add in 15-20mins into the cycle.)
Select *sweet* bake & light crust.

This is an old sunbeam recipe I haven't used in a long time, so no guarantees, but from what I can remember it was nice.
enjoy!

Quotekinna54 (167 ) 8:55 pm, Wed 17 Aug #2" :-))

Quote245sam (33 )9:45 pm, Wed 30 Nov #3
This is one I have used often and can assure you it is easy and a lovely loaf:
Banana Bread in the Bread Maker
Ingredients:
• 2 large eggs
• 1/3-cup butter
• 1 ounce (1/8 cup) milk
• 2 Bananas, medium, mashed
• 1-1/3 cups bread flour
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2-teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2-teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preparation:
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Measure eggs, butter, milk and bananas into the bread pan and set aside. In a medium-mixing bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Mix well and add to the bread pan. Use Quick Bread setting for your machine.

Quotepuss-n-boots (31 )6:35 am, Thu 1 Dec #4

guest, Dec 17, 9:28am
This is just the pecefrt answer for all of us