Any1 have a great gluten free bread recipe?

auntlb, Jul 2, 12:31am
My daughter has recently started a gluten and dairy free diet and the breads that you can buy tend to be dry - hoping someone might have a nice homemade recipe that they have tried and tested.
TIA

pom-pom, Jul 2, 5:45am
Search all the gluten free bread posts on here and you might come up with something good. I keep failing and have to confess that I've found it cheaper to import decent long life bread from the UK (even with airmail it works out cheaper or close in price!!!!) What I do makewhich is great is corn wraps which are gluten free. I use Tio Pablo masa Harina flour mix - just add water and roll to a flat thin circle between two sheets of glad wrap. These then dry fry in a fry pan and are best eaten the day they are made. These are good filled with mayo combination fillings to stay moist. Good luck with the change of diet. It seems daunting at first but it gets easier. Check out the www.mfd.co.nz for products which are GF.

auntlb, Jul 2, 7:29am
Thanks for that :-)

pom-pom, Jul 3, 5:45am
Search all the gluten free bread posts on here and you might come up with something good. I keep failing and have to confess that I've found it cheaper to import decent long life bread from the UK (even with airmail it works out cheaper or close in price!) What I do makewhich is great is corn wraps which are gluten free. I use Tio Pablo masa Harina flour mix - just add water and roll to a flat thin circle between two sheets of glad wrap. These then dry fry in a fry pan and are best eaten the day they are made. These are good filled with mayo combination fillings to stay moist. Good luck with the change of diet. It seems daunting at first but it gets easier. Check out the www.mfd.co.nz for products which are GF.