Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 45 / 54
tarnn, Nov 14, 8:11pm
well I havent killed my husband or made him sick and im pleased but he said I made bananna cake not bread as that what it tastes like (after he said it and I had a bite hes not crazy it kind of does taste like bananna cake) so im back to square 1 LOL

glenj, Nov 15, 3:45am
soda bread tasting like bananna cake Ingredients

2 cups white flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. butter, chilled
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups buttermilk or plain yogurt
Not sure which recipe you tried!

try above but no raisins and only put 2 teaspoons of sugar

valentino, Nov 16, 3:06am
Bumping this up. some of these threads do get lost from time to time.

If bread is only put in that search thing then this does not come up, Why !. don't know.

Cheers.

juliewn, Nov 17, 2:17am
For summer parties. .

chab, Nov 17, 4:02am
most likly not the right thread but do any of you ladies know how to makes scolls with fillings in please

juliewn, Nov 17, 12:19pm
Bumping for h0wzitm8 and pizza base recipes.

juliewn, Nov 20, 1:45pm
bump. :-)

juliewn, Nov 21, 1:24pm
Hi Craig. thanks for posting your recipes. when I've made English Muffins and they're ready for baking, I've cooked them in my preheated electric grill. they cook quickly, and end up with the lines from the grill on them.taste great too.

Your wholegrain loaves look fabulous. yum!

susieq9, Nov 22, 3:50am
Can't afford. to loose this one. Bump.

juliewn, Nov 22, 9:36am
Hi Chab. Hopefully I have it correctly that Scrolls are also called Pinwheels. When making Pinwheels I find the following works well: Make your favourite scone dough. roll out into a rectangle on a floured surface. Have the long side of the dough facing you.

juliewn, Nov 22, 9:36am
For a savoury filling: Spread a layer of marmite or vegemite over the surface - leaving a strip about a 1"/ 2.5cm wide strip along the long side furthest from you. Brush that side with milk or water, so it will stick that end to the roll as you finish rolling it up. Spread a layer of any other ingredients over the marmite - chopped onion or capsicum, chopped bacon or ham, grated cheese, slices of tomato, etc.etc. Roll up firmly, using the furthest edge to press it against the roll to seal it. Cut into rolls of the thickness you prefer - and lay each scroll on a baking paper lined biscuit tray. Bake at 230°C till golden - and enjoy.

juliewn, Nov 22, 9:37am
For a sweet option. Caramel Pinwheels. once you've rolled out the dough, spread it evenly with the following: 100gms butter, 1 cup brown sugar and a cup of sultana's or raisins or currants. You could leave the butter out if you want, and sprinkle the brown sugar and dried fruit over the dough. Roll up and bake as above. and enjoy yummy Caramel Pinwheels.I hope these help.

jenna68, Nov 22, 8:10pm
e. e

racheee, Nov 22, 11:41pm
Made the sunflower loaf off the back of the flour and it is really good.My first proper loaf in my new breadmaker.Light and tasty.Will post the recipe if anyone wants it.I made it as a pumpkin and sunflower loaf.

toffeey, Nov 23, 1:35am
Pastry flour I've decided to make ciabatta today and the recipe calls for pastry flour. What is this! I've just used what I have in the pantry so mine will probably be odd. Unfortunately I read this thread after I started so already have my batter sitting in a cupboard for 14 hours. Seem to be much quicker options in this thread. Should have known to look here first.

juliewn, Nov 25, 11:54am
Bumping for you. Happy Sunday Everyone!

juliewn, Nov 26, 5:15pm
Hi Rachee. it sounds delicious. yes please. I'd love the recipe. thanks. :-)

juliewn, Nov 26, 5:16pm
Hi Toffeey. How did your bread turn out. 14 hours is a long time to prove bread. hope it tasted great.

juliewn, Nov 27, 10:03am
Bumping for grain bread recipes. hope this helps.

racheee, Nov 27, 11:05pm
Sunflower Seed Bread Breadmaker Recipe: 3 tsp Edmonds Surebake yeast (I have been using Tasti Breadmaker yeast and it has been working fine), 2 cups high grade flour, 1 cup wholemeal flour, 2 Tbsp whole milk powder, 3/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds (I put half of pumpkin too)m 1 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp sugar, 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, 300ml warm water.
Place all ingredients in the breadmaker pan in the order recommended in the machine instruction manual.Place pan in breadmaker.Select Wheat bake cycle.Press start.This bread can be made using the delayed start function.

racheee, Nov 27, 11:07pm
Just waiting for the Banana & Peanut Butter bread to finish baking, got 30 mins left!Yummo, hope it is good.

juliewn, Nov 28, 2:38am
Bumping for Barbs77 :-)

cliff609, Nov 28, 9:24am
Wish me luck. I have just put the ingredients in the breadmaker and set it on delay start to be ready at 6am - I'm so nervous as I've never tried it overnight before.I'm wondering if my kitchen will get too cold and how it works as by the time it starts the tepid water will be cold.I've finally got the knack of the machine now after being frustrated for months.Turns out that the instruction book which was in Aussie measurements was really wrong.Not just the tbls which I was aware of but the yeast was a totally different amount to the NZ recipe!

racheee, Nov 29, 6:55am
It was different. not sure if I would make it again. maybe with smooth peanut butter rather than crunchy.

juliewn, Nov 29, 9:18am
Hi Cliff. hope you woke to the deliciously fragrant smell of your bread cooking. what a way to start a day! Yummm!