Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 44 / 54
bunny51, Nov 4, 4:51am
bumping for tarnn in gerneral.

tarnn, Nov 4, 5:09am
thanks bunny51 I will start reading *feels stupid to of not come here first!*

juliewn, Nov 4, 10:06am
Hi Karma. most recipes will be fine in different breadmakers - if your bread maker needs say 5 cups flour - then any recipe using the same quantity of flour will work in your machine. You can adapt recipes to your taste also - ie. find a recipe that makes the bread you prefer, then substitute about a cup of white flour for a cup of grains or other flours - wholemeal flour, wholegrain or whole wheat, soy flour, rye meal or rye flour, cornmeal - either the finely ground or medium ground, etc. etc. so you create your very own preferences. I hope this helps.

juliewn, Nov 4, 10:06am
And. bumping for grandadjim :-)

banty, Nov 4, 7:13pm
Ciabatta Bread! Does anyone have a good recipe for Ciabatta bread! My boys love the stuff. Really dear to buy though.

angiemc, Nov 5, 12:06am
Hi Julie Made my bread today - wow, pretty good for my first attempt, however, I had the oven too hot so the outside crisped up before the middle was cooked, and I only noticed it wasn't cooked properly because I couldn't wait for it to cool and sliced the end off (yum).I had to put it back in the oven and it was fine.I wasn't sure how long I had to bake it for.Apart from that, it was really easy and fun!What a satisfying feeling!YUM, thankyou so much for your help!I will be trying different variations now.This isfabulous thread.:0)

karma07, Nov 5, 12:14am
Hi juliewin Yes thanks it helps alot. you have a great day

angiemc, Nov 5, 12:15am
I mean't to say that I could hardly get my bread knife through the VERY crisp shell, but it was easy to pick off, no harm done and I have a very fluffy loaf of bread underneath.which is devine, and I gorged myself on it.with melted butter!I think I'll have to do a few extra kilometres on my morning walk this week! I'm so chuffed! LOL

juliewn, Nov 5, 3:18am
Hi Angie. good for you for making your very own bread :-). Exciting isn't it. and it's so delicious too! To test whether it's cooked. for a loaf or rolls, you can either use a skewer and push that into the centre as you would when checking to see if a cake is cooked. If it comes out clean, it's cooked. if there's a little dough on the skewer, cook a little longer and test again. Or another way is to tap the surface with your finger nail - if it sounds hollow, it's cooked - if not. cook a little longer and check again. There are various ways to create the type of crust you prefer. 1/ Place a roasting dish of hot water on a lower rack in the oven when you turn it on - as your bread bakes, the steam from the water will keep the crust softer - and you'll have a softer, chewier type crust. Cover the goodies with a teatowel as they cool, so they stay softer.

juliewn, Nov 5, 3:19am
2/ A similar effect can come from baking the bread or rolls without water in the oven - then as your goodies come from the oven, use a pastry brush and quickly brush the top and sides of the loaf with warm water - then cover with a teatowel and leave to cool. This also helps the crust be softer and chewier.

juliewn, Nov 5, 3:19am
3/ For a crisper crust, place the rolls or bread on a cake cooling rack once they're cooked, and don't cover with anything. Hope this helps. Enjoy the delicious goodies you've created. Cheers. Julie

juliewn, Nov 5, 12:28pm
Hi Everyone. I hope you find recipes you enjoy Tarnn. and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. enjoy making your goodies. :-)

angiemc, Nov 5, 10:51pm
Thanks Juliewn! I will try your suggestions, I do like a chewy crust! Mm Mmmmmm. Its awesome to be able to come in here and get advice and tips etc, thankyou :0)

misterperfect, Nov 9, 3:10am
bump again and again

us32, Nov 10, 9:17pm
Just bumping because this thread is too important to lose!

juliewn, Nov 10, 10:23pm
Hi Angie. :-) Enjoy your delicious goodies just the way you like then! Have a lovely weekend Everyone :-)

tarnn, Nov 11, 10:37pm
I have a problem *sigh* ok so I have sucessfully made bread that rose YAY for me BUT ive made my husband really sick through making home made bread :( the yeast is to much for his ulcer and I cut right back and it didnt matter as yeast is the main thing that effects him. I have made cakes with the same flour ect and the only difference was the yeast. so my question is . is there a bread you can make in a bread maker without yeast! like change it to baking powder! please and thanks for the help

tarnn, Nov 12, 8:43am
no one! ok I will check back tomorrow hubbys on "no bread" LOL

glenj, Nov 12, 9:13am

tarnn, Nov 12, 9:22am
glenj 1 problem he hates raisins and anything "fruit" in bread. my oven is uslessfor cooking anything *sobs* bread maker is the only thing I can do it in thanks for that link tho

glenj, Nov 12, 6:17pm
Irish Soda Bread Tarnn,
try recipe without fruit in bread maker

tarnn, Nov 13, 1:15am
ok will do thanks :)

tarnn, Nov 13, 8:50pm
right I will tell you in approx 3 hours if the loaf susceeded LOL and tomorrow if hes sick LOL

tarnn, Nov 14, 12:37am
YUMMY its nice :) anyway I will update again tomorrow

juliewn, Nov 14, 10:47am
That's great Tarnn. :-)