Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 41 / 54
juliewn, Sep 30, 10:24am
Bumping for No-knead bread recipes. hope this helps.

juliewn, Oct 2, 2:21pm
and again. if I only had time to add more recipes! - it will happen!

jenna68, Oct 3, 5:06pm
Hi busy lady. 22 sleeps to go eh.lol.:o)

susieq9, Oct 4, 1:54am
Time for a . bump up.

k-l1, Oct 4, 4:57am
Hi. Sorry if I missed it but for the machine bread do I just put it all into the maker for a loaf of bread! SOrry if you have explained it and I missed it

bunny51, Oct 4, 7:24am
Do yo have the manual! I just put the ingredients in starting with liquids then the dry ingredients. Some breadmaker instructions say to do it the other way, then select the cycle you want then press start. (Different breadmakers might also have different options for each cycle such as the darkness of the crust or the size of the loaf) What type of bread maker do you have!

k-l1, Oct 4, 7:59am
Breville Yes I have those options. I have the manual but it was doing my head in with all the ingredients Id never heard of. Ok I'll give it a go thanks. I have trid a new one it was a bet better but still didnt rise as much as it should have. Its driving me crazy!

susieq9, Oct 4, 9:21am
k-l1. I see in your other thread you left the sugar out. This is a main part as the sugar activates the yeast in the bread making. I have a Panansonic bread maker and the yeast goes in first and the water is the last to go in. Never had any problems. I now do most of my bread making by hand. Get a lot of enjoyment out of it and is just a quick.

k-l1, Oct 4, 7:02pm
I tired one lot woithout Salt and sugar then added it in. I put the yeast in last maybe I'll up it in first. Thanks

bunny51, Oct 4, 7:38pm
I used to have a breville bread maker Did you get the NZ suppliment when you got your bread maker! Because the surebake yeast (and the bread maker yeast by tastie) have the improvers in you don't need to worry about that ingredient in the recipes If you haven't got the suppliment really the difference in the recipes is that all tablespoons are 15 ml in the suppliment and they use the breadmaker yeast (so no improvers added) (The tablespoons are 20 ml in the Australian manuals )

k-l1, Oct 4, 7:48pm
No I didnt So if I get the surebake or the tastie yeastI wont need to get any improvers! Is that right!

bunny51, Oct 4, 7:59pm
That's right the improvers are in the yeast. Oh and it is 1 teaspoon of yeast per cup of flour

k-l1, Oct 4, 8:12pm
Great thanks. I hope like anything it works this time hehe thanks again :)

wron, Oct 5, 7:14am
What's the oldest machine anyone has that's being used regularly! How long would you expect them to last! Mine's about 5yrs and still going strong - Panasonic - only makes small loaves, no auto nut / fruit hopper.
By the way Panasonic breadmakers are no longer being imported into NZ and I was told Aussie.

bunny51, Oct 5, 7:20am
I think mine would be about 3 or 4 years old I had a breville before this one It was about 5 years old when it was replaced. (It stopped cooking the bread properly, funny thing is, with this bread maker I mainly use it to make dough and cook it in the oven- could have hung onto the old one a bit longer if i knew that was going to happen hehe)

juliewn, Oct 7, 9:37am
That's great Pilgrim. share some recipes if you'd like to. and enjoy your goodies.

juliewn, Oct 7, 2:06pm
Hiya Tracey. yes. counting down. Chris rang today just after I'd taken photos - the wall framing for his and Jenni's bedrooms were set up yesterday, so was able to tell him that - and got 'send me more photos please Mum!"Enjoy the holidays with your Darlings. :-)

juliewn, Oct 7, 2:24pm
Bumping for Jan2242. and Vogel or Burgen style breads.

weezil, Oct 7, 8:52pm
still making my handmade bread.tried putting a dish for water under bread yesturday as was getting a soft crust.apart from the loud bang when the dish warped (and after id changed my pants) the bread came out crispy.going to find a baking stone type thing and have a go at that next.and am changing water dish for something heavier.happy breadmaking people.lol

shiyo, Oct 8, 6:25am
NO KNEAD BREAD
I use to make this recipe all the time when the kids were little and I didnt have time for much.
750gms flour , I used a mix of white and wholemeal Put in a bowl and
add 1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp salt
add 600mls warm water, mix
mixture should be wet and sticky, grease 2 tins pour in and leave to rise. Cook for about 45mins at 350.I havent made it for 15-20 years so hope I have got it right I didnt have it written very clear. I use to cook it in the coal range. ummmm maybe I should have tried it before posting!

books4nz, Oct 8, 1:12pm
Hi Shiyo.

It sounds delicious. and I bet it tasted great in your coal range.

shiyo, Oct 8, 8:48pm
Just put it in the loaf pan.think I use to make 2 small loaves. My loaf tins are larger now, so have just squeezed it into one tin. Not sure if it is 2 much for one and not enough for 2 large. Will let you know the results later. Its all in the eating!

satisfied, Oct 9, 3:12am
Thanks for bumping Here I was asking about breads in a different thread.I'll have to print off the first page and give pita bread making ago as we buy so much wholemeal pita bread.

firefly001, Oct 9, 6:01am
I hope there is someone knowledgable lurking out there - we've had a bit of a thing for wraps lately, can I make them using the naan bread recipe back on page one!

designer_polly, Oct 9, 6:28am
tasti dried yeast can I use this in my breadmaker, or do I need something with improvers!many thanks.