Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 35 / 54
sumstyle, Aug 10, 4:51am
hahahha post 198! distinct POOPY seed taste.s'all right I know what you mean.Keep persevering!

valentino, Aug 10, 4:53am
Bumping. for cinnabons post numbers 391, 392 and 393.

juliewn, Aug 10, 8:07am
Bumping for Gardendoll and Pizza base recipes.

juliewn, Aug 10, 8:33am
and for Ruger2 and breadmaker recipes. hope this helps.

rrrg, Aug 10, 8:37am
Breville I have a Breville Bakehouse that I bought off TM about 4 mths ago and its great

juliewn, Aug 12, 6:34am
Hi Woofie. disappointing when things don't work isn't it. What is the bread like when it is cooked. ie. is it heavy or doughy, or! And are you using Surebake yeast, or dried Yeast granules. Let us know so we can make suggestions.

juliewn, Aug 12, 9:54am
Bumping for you Janny. hopefully someone has a recipe to help.

juliewn, Aug 12, 4:04pm
:-) .

juliewn, Aug 14, 4:10pm
for the weekend :-) .

vashti, Aug 14, 9:57pm
Thank you Juliewn . Your bread recipe is great,made it twice now and the bread came out perfectly.It is so easy and quick too. I bought my yeast at the Bin Inn and used high grade flour replacing a cup of white flour with a cup of wholemeal in the final mix. I cant get over how quickly it rises I start making it at 10am and have it cooked by 12.00.

juliewn, Aug 15, 11:19am
Hi Vashti :-) I'm thrilled you're enjoying making your own bread. thanks so much for posting. :-)

juliewn, Aug 18, 11:34am
Hi Jimness. I must try Oz4uk's recipe. I've been meaning to for a while. isn't it great when kids eat something be a different name - like when a Miss 11 and Miss 9 I know ate cauliflower as 'white broccoli'. they enjoyed it till they found out it had a different name! Thanks for the note about lecithin. I've seen it in recipes and haven't used it myself. will get some at Bin Inn and use it - though fresh bread doesn't last too long around here!Thanks :-)

chab, Aug 18, 11:15pm
Bump for a very good thread

queenjune, Aug 19, 12:23am
Bread not rising! Always use high grade flour and skim milk powder in a bread maker. Whole milk powder makes your loaf flat as!My insurance policy if I'm not sure about the flour is to add 3 tsp of Gluten flour to help rise.Salt is an essential ingredient as well for rising.

juliewn, Aug 19, 11:43am
Hi Jimness. I sometimes add rolled oats to my bread dough - about 1 & 1/2 cups in place of the same amount of flour. Once cooked, you can't see the oats at all. so maybe trying that with a 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour would be worth trying.

juliewn, Aug 19, 11:44am
ps. my favourite bread recipe is on page 1 of this thread. I replace the white flour in that as above.

juliewn, Aug 19, 11:45am
and. bumping for Michelle145 :-)

lisa_marie40, Aug 20, 2:03pm
i just bought a sunbeam breadmaker one of the latest models out, i had a remington big loaf which make awesome bread rising almost to the top of the breadmaker at times, so have sucessfully made heaps of loaves of bread but alas it died lol anyway i got this new breadmaker and the bread is not rising as it should, the first loaf i made was only about half way up the breadpan its made in so very dense and not very good that was with tasti yeast i think its called, so i went out and got some surebake yeast the one with the extra stuff in it for breadmakers and its risen a bit more but still not that much, even tried using the recipe from my old breadmaker still not that great, what can i do! this breadmaker is called sunbeam quantium smartbake does anyone else have the same one with good results!

brianmac, Aug 20, 10:59pm
Irish Soda Bread 420g wholemeal plain flour;375 white plain flour;1 tsp salt;1 tsp baking soda;680ml buttermilk approx. Sift flours,salt & soda into lge bowl. Stir in enough buttermilk to mix to a firm dough. Turn dough onto floured surface,knead until just smooth. Shape dough into 20cm round,place on greased oven tray. Cut 1cm deep slashes in bread in a cross. Brush with a little milk. Bake in mod oven about 50 mins. Cool on wire rack.

bunny51, Aug 21, 1:27am
Lisa Marie I have the same breadmaker, (Might be an older model though as I have had it a while) I have had no problems with it when I bake bread in it usually do dark crust setting but am more likely to make the dough in the breadmaker then bake it in the oven I normally use the tastie breadmaker yeast and haven't had any problems with that yeast,

lisa_marie40, Aug 21, 5:51am
i tried the dark crust and not only was the crust dark but the bread was too lol it was like brown bread accept it was supposed to be white, really frustrating since this bread maker cost heaps and its not working how i would like it to ! thanks

juliewn, Aug 21, 12:49pm
and for pizza dough. :-) hope this helps.

seaside_gifts, Aug 22, 5:29am
Juliewn.thanks for your recipes. you and the other's are awesome bread making legends.I was sick for awhile, didn't cook and didn't reply to you in the thread, sorry about that.but just thought you'd like to know am now making at least a loaf or two a day in my breadmaker. Had to adjust the recipe on thread page one to fit my breadmaker, but going good.woo hoo.my hubby is happy!

juliewn, Aug 22, 3:08pm
Hi Shiyo. my apologise for not replying earlier. just catching up with the thread.

Yes you can do that. as it's thicker than water/milk, you may need to add some of either of those as well to get the right balance of wet to dry ingredients.

And. bumping for Louisen

carl2627, Aug 23, 12:29am
Bumping a good thread up and hoping someone will come up with a good rice bread or gluten/flour free recipe for use in my breadmaker :)