Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 34 / 54
danielvds, Aug 1, 4:15am
Modified grain recipie for Breville bread maker I'm new to bread making and wasn't too chuffed with the recipies in the book that came with the bread maker so decided to have a bit of a play.Firstly I made a 1.25kg loaf but it was way to large and nearly popped out the top of the machine. I have now cut the ingredients back to make a 1kg loaf which is working very well IMO.Here goes - 360ml warm water, 2T raw sugar, 4t surebake active yeast.Leave in a warm place to active for about 1/2 hour.Then add 1 1/2t salt and 3T rice bran oil.In a plastic bag mix 4 1/3 high grade white four, 2T milk powder, 3T Rye wholegrain flakes, 2T flax seeds, 3T pumpkin seeds.Add to yeast mixture and pop in the bread maker on light/medium, 1kg, basic settings.If anyone more experienced than me can see any room for improvement on this recipie, I would appreciate feedback.

juliewn, Aug 1, 6:53am
Bumping for Donnabeth. .

winnie231, Aug 1, 8:05am
Bumping up for me.

kate531, Aug 1, 8:18am
sorry this may have been on here before but cant find if it has, how do i make a wholegrain or mulitgrain bread in breadmaker - where do i get the grainy bits from?? do they come in a flour or separately?
TIA
Kate

juliewn, Aug 1, 9:23am
Bumpity. :-)

cliff609, Aug 2, 12:14am
Thanks kiwiscrapper1 It's certainly not too late.I've still not had great success.I made a loaf last week - just the basic one.It turned out ok but certainly not WOW I'm going to make bread everyday.Will try your method next time.

bunny51, Aug 2, 12:39am
Cliff, here is the recipe I use most of the time and don't usually have any problems with it.
1 1/2 cup water, 3 cups plain flour, 1 cup wholemeal flour, 2 tablespoon milk powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 2 tablespoon oil, 4 teaspoon surebake yeast. I just shove it all in the bread pan and use the basic cycle, dark crust or I bake it in the oven.

sudy, Aug 2, 7:28am
Pickles7 @ #175! Did the Vogels work out at posting 175! I've been thru the whole thread (and now no time for the bread to go on for tea LOL!) but can't see the outcome - anyone know please!

kate531, Aug 2, 8:18am
sorry this may have been on here before but cant find if it has, how do i make a wholegrain or mulitgrain bread in breadmaker - where do i get the grainy bits from! do they come in a flour or separately!
TIA
Kate

rose-murray, Aug 2, 9:22am
Hi everyone. Am looking for some advice on breadmakers. I have been using a cascade one from TWH for the last 4 years. I bake a loaf of just ordinary wholemeal bread everyday. The teflon coating is coming off it now and it's time to replace it. My Dad has a Panasonic which he swears by but they don't make them anymore. Dad did not recommend the Breville but can anyone else recommend a good quality breadmaker. I am keen to venture into uncharted breadmaking recipes so I don't neccessarily want to go back to a cheap model with no features.

evorotorua, Aug 2, 6:52pm
Hi Danielvds This oounds really nice. Thanks. I have never used rice bran oil before but I would guess other oil works well too.

shiyo, Aug 3, 5:54am
Hi all. can you replace the liquid with some yogurt? Was going to try but though I better ask first. Its is for the breadmaker. I have googled but it hasnt been my friend today. thanks

juliewn, Aug 3, 12:17pm
Hi Sudy. thanks for reminding me about that recipe, as I had intended to make it. let us know how you like it if you decide to make it . it sure sounds good.

juliewn, Aug 3, 12:18pm
Hi Rose. I sold the breadmakers I've tried as I prefer to make bread by hand. hopefully someone else can help.

donnabeth, Aug 3, 10:58pm
Freya's classic seed I'm getting the texture right, but still can't get teh poppy seeds to stick and can't get the distinctive poopy seed flavour. I've found the best texture for me so far is 1C wholemeal to 2 1/2 cups white and 1/2C oat bran. I make the dough in the breadmaker, then rise the dough in a bread pan and bake at 200C for 35 minutes. I also replace kibbled wheat with bulgher wheat for a lighter texture. I 'mash' all the seeds together in my Jamie Oliver flavour shaker before adding them.

shiyo, Aug 4, 5:54am
Hi all. can you replace the liquid with some yogurt! Was going to try but though I better ask first. Its is for the breadmaker. I have googled but it hasnt been my friend today. thanks

juliewn, Aug 4, 11:52am
Hi. it sure sounds good Danielvds I bet it tastes good too. *Hi Erica :-)*

juliewn, Aug 5, 2:14pm
Bumpety bump. :-) .

245sam, Aug 5, 10:05pm
re #973 - a question for danielvds In your recipe can it be assumed that the "4 1/3 high grade white four" is 4&1/3 CUPS high grade white flour!TIA.:-))

danielvds, Aug 6, 12:07am
Yes that is correct Sorry.I forgot to put that it was 4 1/3 CUPS of high grade white flour.I premix all my flour, milk powder and grains for the week in plastic zip lock bags.a 5kg bag of flour makes about 8 bags. Another post recommended this and it works very well if you make alot of bread like I do.I find that mixing them in the bag before putting them in the bread maker results in a more even distribution of the grains also.

bunny51, Aug 7, 1:03am
bump Oh I made some tomato and basil bread last week, just added a couple of tablespoons of tomaoto ppaste and a couple of teaspoons basil to the basic dough recipe. It went really well with the soup I had made and there was none left after tea (I made a huge loaf too)

juliewn, Aug 7, 3:12pm
. :-)

catzwhiskaz, Aug 8, 10:03am
bump so I can find it tomorrow

janny3, Aug 9, 10:03pm
filling bread I was at a luncheon where someone had made some wholemeal bread.It was very much like a cross b/t German pumpernickel & vogels but had sunflower & pumpkin seeds in it.The lady told me her Swiss hubby made it w/ rye, kibbled wheat, wholemeal & plain flour.It also had honey & yoghurt in it. I missed the recipe but would love to be able to make this healthy style bread.Does anyone have any idea!

chab, Aug 10, 4:49am
what a great thread will certainly try these for sure