Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 22 / 54
teejay2, Apr 27, 9:12pm
I dont make enough bread for it to be an economically viable occupation, I just make it because I enjoy it. I love lurking in these recipes and picking bits and pieces out to play with.thanks ladies for your inspiration.

juliewn, Apr 28, 11:07am
Bumping for homemade bread to have with tasty winter soups.

oz4uk, Apr 28, 10:40pm
Hey Julie! Sorry I've been away for the week! I've done a rapid rise white which was delish, a white french loaf which was yum. and 2 fruit loaves which were to die for. The first one I felt didn't have enough fruit, so I put 4x the amount in the second and it was amazing. Today though I want to cook ciabatta using the breadmaker for the dough portion. have looked all through here and cannot find a recipe!

oz4uk, Apr 29, 12:26am
:). Right now I have my ciabatta dough mixed. I forgot that the breadmaker 'proves' it too! D'oh! Got out there with 30mins left to go. It's on the baking tray all shaped. and now just waiting for it to prove for a further 45mins before baking it :) If it turns out yum, I'll post the recipe!

juliewn, Apr 29, 1:32pm
Yum. bet that tastes good. . would you like to share the recipe please. I like ciabatta bread with winter soups. thanks :-)

oz4uk, Apr 29, 11:08pm
Ciabatta Recipe Ingredients ** 1 1/2 cups water * 1 1/2 teaspoons salt * 1 teaspoon white sugar * 1 tablespoon olive oil * 3 1/4 cups bread flour * 3 teaspoons Surebake yeast *** Directions. 1. Place ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. 2. Select the Dough cycle, and Start.
3. Dough will be quite sticky and wet once cycle is completed, resist the temptation to add more flour. 4. Place dough on a lightly floured board, cover with a large bowl, and let rest for 15 minutes.
5Lightly flour or use parchment lined baking sheets. 6. Divide into 2 pieces, and form each into a 13x14 inch oval or long rectangular shapes. 7. Place loaves on prepared sheets, dimple surface, and lightly flour. 8. Cover, and let rise in a draft free place for approximately 45 minutes.

oz4uk, Apr 29, 11:08pm
Ciabatta cont. 9. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. 10. Dimple dough for a second time, and then place loaves in the oven, positioned on the middle rack. 11. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. 12. During baking, spritz loaves with water every 5 to 10 minutes for a crispier crust.

kaiasmum, Apr 30, 7:29am
Hi there Since coming across this thread yesterday i have decided im going to pull my breadmaker that was given to me 2yrs ago and has never been used lol out of the cupboard hehe. But i need some help i have lost the recipe and instruction book but have found instructions online. We only eat grain bread and would like to attempt my own does anyone have a yummy recipe for thiws that i can use in my breville bakers oven, and also if i wanted to make a tomato or pumpkin grain loaf what would i add to that recipe tomato paste.lol

kaiasmum, Apr 30, 7:32am
also i had thought about purchasing pre-mix bread but have heard it is abit expensive so can you give me a little list of what i need to start making my own bread im of shopping tomorrow so any help would be fab. Hehe im so sorry for all the questions.lol Thanks

oz4uk, Apr 30, 9:10am
look at post 449 that is a full seed loaf, sooo yummy! I only eat this bread. and am currently baking one in my breville breadmaker right now :)

kaiasmum, Apr 30, 9:21am
thanks oz4uk Can i just ask, is the bread flour, high grade white flour!Also with gluten flour and improver is this all sold in the flour section at a supermarket.lol Im just learning.hehe

oz4uk, Apr 30, 10:14am
yup Only use high grade white flour for baking with bread (obviously when using wholemeal flour that's different). I don't use the gluten flour. and have omitted it from all my recipes with no ill effect. Improver is a hard one. but if you buy Edmonds Surebake Yeast. that has improvers in it. So it's approx. 1 tsp of Surebake per 1 cup of flour. In this recipe though, it's 3 tsp of surebake yeast. With milk powder, you can use skim milk powder if you want to.

ali178, Apr 30, 10:05pm
Hello all I am new to this thread i have been making bread for a little while now.. i use the breville white loaf and a wheatmeal loaf that a friend gave me i now am going to try a few loaves from off here....especially the soy linseed...just love the home made breads...:)..
I make the bread in the bread maker as dough and bake it in the over hate the hole you get in it...:)...happy baking...

valentino, May 1, 3:03am
Bumping for alana16 Ideas on bread & Rolls

ali178, May 1, 10:05pm
Hello all I am new to this thread i have been making bread for a little while now. i use the breville white loaf and a wheatmeal loaf that a friend gave me i now am going to try a few loaves from off here.especially the soy linseed.just love the home made breads.:).
I make the bread in the bread maker as dough and bake it in the over hate the hole you get in it.:).happy baking.

misterperfect, May 2, 1:24am
breville breadmaker - doughy bread rather new to bread makeing. been making basic white loaf and brown flour loaves.always turn out bit doughy.have cut back on sugar as recipe which came with machine was too sweet for us. also less oil.
useing the 3-hr bake on basic. any hints please.

juliewn, May 3, 11:56am
Bumping for Naan bread recipes. .

jen92, May 3, 11:18pm
How about a date loaf recipe for bread machines! Anybody got a recipe for me, I found a packet of dates in the cupboard.

oscarnz, May 4, 2:34am
bumping for a request

lisa7, May 4, 9:22am
bump ity bump

susieq9, May 4, 10:02am
Julie's. bread recipe is just wonderful. Bread maker has been made redundant! Get more pleasure out of it, having done it by hand. So easy and quick. Especially the pizza base which needs no proving. Great for the grandchildren who haven't got the patience to wait for the rising of the pizza dough. Thanks Julie.

juliewn, May 4, 10:46am
Thank-you Susie. I'm smiling. .you just made my day. :-) I'm glad you're enjoying the recipe. I bet your Grandkid's love helping. they'll have special memories you're creating just for them. Kind thoughts. Julie

jenna68, May 4, 10:27pm
Getting down that list. up she goes :o)

juliewn, May 5, 7:56am
Hi Everyone. :-). I'm glad you're enjoying the recipe Tinzaroo. and that you're making your own delicious goodies. it's a nice feeling making loaves and rolls - and your goodies will be very popular. Our wonderful 93 year old friend was here for my Daughter's birthday lunch recently - afterwards she told me: "I love those rolls. I had half of one with my lunch and I folded the other half inside a serviette and popped it into my bag and took it home to have for supper with a cuppa!" If I'd known, she'd have gone home with a bagful. I'm going to make some for her, wrap each individually for her to freeze so she can use them when she wants. a lovely feeling to make them for her to enjoy. There sure is something very special about making goodies for others and seeing their enjoyment. :-)

juliewn, May 5, 8:55am
Hi Misterperfect. could you post the recipe please. there may be something different that someone could recommend. maybe a little less liquid!