Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 21 / 54
juliewn, Apr 15, 1:08pm
Bumping for Thetron. :-)

juliewn, Apr 15, 2:34pm
Bumping for Cucine.

lythande1, Apr 15, 7:30pm
Ooops, haven't looked for a while. yes that should have been 1 tsp. Tbsp ! Lol! Would have risen to the ceiling!

1 tsp for sure.

mintsticks, Apr 16, 1:05am
Can you freeze bread dough! I am making the hot cross bun recipe (found on here - thanks)and would like to know if i can freeze the dough made in the breadmaker!
And then i can cook the buns later.

Or is it better to make the buns, cook them, and then freeze them! and pull out and re-heat later!
does it make any difference to the dough/or freshness to the buns!

mintsticks, Apr 16, 1:58am
for oz4- george forman bredmaker hey,saw your post, i bought a george forman - on sale of course.(got it for $130.00)
think they are ok.but do look around.they sound good, but as i am finding out, is easier to just make the dough in the bread maker and cook more at once in the oven than having to do it in shifts in the george forman.
Also - check out the size of the loaf tins - they seem to differ, and also if it has a place for currents etc in the bread maker or not.mine doesn't.
hope this helps.

juliewn, Apr 16, 5:02am
Hi Mintsticks. yes you can freeze the dough. Knead it to a smooth ball, then wrapin plastic wrap and place in a bag then in the freezer. When needing to use it, remove all the plastic wrap, and place the dough in the bottom of a bowl, and cover that with plastic wrap. Let it thaw at room temperature, until it's soft again and is rising. Push it down to remove the air bubbles, knead lightly, then shape as you want. continue as per the recipe. You can also freeze dough in smaller amounts so you take one ball from the freezer to use for a pizza or something. Hope this helps.

oz4uk, Apr 17, 3:03am
Thanks for that I too now have a Breville BB280! I got a NZ Breville sheet with mine that stated that if you can substitute Tandaco Yeast and Bread improver with the same quantity of Edmonds Surebake! I baked a rapid rise white loaf last night. and it was nice and fluffy, and I am now in the midst of cooking a rich fruit loaf! I'm home sick (got sent home at lunch time). so thought I might play with the bread maker :) Oh another note, NZ tbsp is 15ml, standard is 20ml. so make sure you compensate for that when using Oz or international recipes!

juliewn, Apr 17, 1:39pm
Congratulations on your addition to your kitchen! Have fun with your new machine.I hope you are feeling better very quickly. take care.

wron, Apr 18, 11:41am
I've been away and when returned found this on the last page!

tinzaroo, Apr 19, 10:23am
bumping up for some ppl from general who were looking for bread recipes! And juliewn --- my 'car proved' bread was luffly. Have made it many more times since then, including buns, hot cross buns and focaccia. LOVE your recipe, will probably never use my bread maker again! (",)

sp0_0kie, Apr 19, 10:26am
thank you tinz :) back to page one to read :)

summersunnz, Apr 19, 3:20pm
Bumping for these great recipes!

juliewn, Apr 20, 8:38am
Hi Bruce. Hope you had a good holiday.

juliewn, Apr 20, 8:55am
German Pumpernickel Bread 3 cups wholemeal flour, 1 cup rye flour, 1/2 cup mashed potato, 2 cups hot water, 2 tsp caraway seeds, 1 tbsp salt, 3 tbsp polenta, 3 tbsp bran, 3 tbsp molasses, 2 tbsp kibbled rye, 1 tbsp Surebake yeast, 1 egg beaten for glazing. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, stir together then add the hot water. Mix to a sticky dough and knead well, using only as much flour as necessary to handle the dough. Since the dough is naturally sticky, avoid adding too much flour while kneading. When the dough is smooth, shape it into a round ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise about 2 hours in a warm place. Push the dough down with your hand, then remove the dough from the bowl and knead briefly. Shape the dough into a round ball and place on a baking paper lined tray, or place in a greased loaf tin. Cover and rise in a warm place till doubled in size. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake at 190°C / 375°F or Gas Mark 5 for 40 minutes and cool well on a wire rack. And. enjoy.

cazk, Apr 21, 1:59am
Cinnamon Rolls Combine: 2 T active dry yeast, 3 T sugar 1 t salt.Add: 1c cream, 1 c water, 5 c flour- gradually add flour to make a soft dough, that leaves the side of the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins.
In another bowl combine 1 c brown sugar, 1/2 c melted butter, 1 1/2t ground cinnamon and 1 c walnuts-optional. Divide dough in half, roll into a rectangle and spread with sugar mixture. Roll up and cut into slices. Arrange in a greased pan. Let it rise until doubled-approx 1 hr. Bake at 200 degrees for approx 17 mins.

juliewn, Apr 21, 2:47pm
Hi Oz. :-) how is your new purchase going! Hope there are lots of goodies being enjoyed.

jenna68, Apr 23, 6:29pm
up it goes . !

245sam, Apr 24, 5:04am
bumped for rose7.:-))

queenmaeb, Apr 24, 6:58am
Anyone used vat milk in place of water and milk powder the breadmaker recipe calls for! Do I still need to add the same amount of oil! Cheers for all replies

juliewn, Apr 24, 3:10pm
Hi Oz. how is your new bread machine going! Hope you're enjoying lots of goodies.

barloo, Apr 24, 10:22pm
bumping to the top of the page:)

juliewn, Apr 25, 12:55am
Mmmm. sounds delicious Cazk.

tinzaroo, Apr 25, 6:02am
bumping for leftwontin Try this! Honestly, it's the bomb! I made it today, split the dough into two lots and made 6 bread rolls, and a huge big loaf of focaccia, full of sundried tomatoes and fresh rosemary. So yummy and easy!

cazk, Apr 26, 4:41am
it is delicious!

scotnz, Apr 27, 2:35am
economics of bread making Hi - what a long board! don't want to read through all 500 messages so maybe this has been asked before - is there an economic advantage to making your own bread either manually or by machine!(not counting cost of machine) - I know it will taste nicer but wondered if anyone had done the sums
Thanks