Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 19 / 54
tinzaroo, Mar 29, 1:09am
Holy crapola! I just went to look at the proving loaf - and it's a monster! It's just about to take over the world! I think I should have two instead of just the one. Oh well, it will be interesting to see it when it's baked off! hehehee

chelot, Mar 29, 2:30am
Wheat and Gluten Free Bread Hi
Could someone please give me a Wheat and Gluten Free Bread recipe for a Breadmaker.
Thanks

juliewn, Mar 30, 2:38am
Hi Tinzaroo. hope you enjoyed your bread. the car warmth would raise the dough quite quickly too - sometimes it would even be a little too warm there. Hi Chelot. I don't have access to a recipe yet - we're still unpacking - will try to find the right box - and hopefully someone else can help too.

sammygirl1, Mar 30, 4:46am
bump (-:

juliewn, Mar 30, 12:22pm
Bumping for Mikeed. .

bakertrips, Mar 31, 12:11am
help please I want to try the basic bread dough #4 it says to cook until goldern brown etc . . . how long does it take approx

juliewn, Mar 31, 8:34am
Hi Bakertrips. it depends on the size of what you've made. for rolls about the size of a small cup, it would take about 10-15 minutes. they'll look a light golden brown. tap them with your finger nail or a teaspoon, and they'll sound slightly hollow. Hope this helps.

oz4uk, Mar 31, 9:10am
Hey Julie Did you try my bread recipe at all! I still have 4 slices left in my loaf, and I had lots and lots of comments from people at work asking about it, saying it looked soooo scrummy, and it was! YUM YUM! Looking to make it again! Though will make one batch as a single loaf (last time I made a loaf and 3 rolls), and make another batch for just rolls! yay

juliewn, Mar 31, 9:42am
Hi :-). I haven't yet. have been reorganising things here. my Son is home from Tuesday onwards so will be making it for us all then. He's got a huge appetite - this should fill him up!

jude164, Mar 31, 10:07pm
Someone kindly bumped this thread for me, Off to shops to get ingreds. and then will be using breadmaker for the ist time, soooo many mouth watering recipes - many thanks

jude164, Apr 1, 5:30am
OK made the most beautiful bread with recipe off here - bread maker purchased of TM, 3 loaves, 1st 2 binned, went straight off after taking hot loaf yummy one off to do a raisin bread and breadmaker on timer can't get it off, is it too soon from 1 loaf to the other or faulty! or machine too hot, brand Gourmetbaker! cost 82.00 yesterday from auction

jude164, Apr 1, 5:44am
OK going again still question, how long before bakes lol, on mission bread making, fast till off on another tangent.

oz4uk, Apr 2, 4:06am
I'm on another bread baking day and in the middle of making my seed loaf again! It's soo easy and simple to make by hand. just the proofing time that takes a bit! At least it's worth it in the end :) YUM YUM!

fetish, Apr 2, 6:30pm
I was so inspired by this thread I nicked my mums breadmaker, and stole a partial idea from post #39 I've just made homemade ham, garlic and mozerella cheese scrolls. I let the breadmaker do the dirty work with kneading, then rolled it out as best I could (first time and it could of been better I think) I then smeared over the top of the dough a mixture of 2 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 tsp dried parsley and a little olive oil to combine, over top of this I sprinkled some chopped up ham steak and grated moz cheese, then rolled it up and sliced into 1 inch slices, baked on baking paper at 150c for about 20 mins. They taste devine, and will go great with soup, a small loaf of dough got me 18 scrolls. Oh and I only added the ham as I happened to have it to use up, it will be cheese and garlic scrolls in future, every weekend I think ! :)

trendyvogue, Apr 2, 9:22pm
hi has anyone got a recipe for making pizza dough in the bread maker! also can the uncooked pizza bases and bread roll dough be frozen. If anyone can tell me the best way to do and freeze these things would be great thanks

bunny51, Apr 2, 9:35pm
Pizza dough water 290 ml, oil 2 tablespoons, salt 1/2 teaspoon, sugar 2 teaspoon, high grade flour 3 cups, surebake yeast 3 teaspoons Place ingredients in bread pan and use dough cycle when compete remove from pan, grease 2 pizza trays divide dough and roll ou to fit pizza trays. spread with toppings and bake 20 min 180oc until cooked

trendyvogue, Apr 2, 11:31pm
thanks bunny just another quick question re freezing could this be done with the hot cross bun recipe on here! would you just freeze after the dough cycle into the sizes required! how long would doughs be alright frozen for and im assuming when you take out as required you would leave to rise! many thanks in advance.

juliewn, Apr 3, 6:57am
Hi Jude. I hope your breadmaker returned to working for you once it cooled. have fun with your machine.

juliewn, Apr 3, 7:12am
Hi Oz :-) . another ingredient that is nice when added to loaves, to increase the fibre and taste even more, is to use some fine or medium ground cornmeal in place of some of the flour - about 1/2 a cup of cornmeal replacing 1/2 a cup of flour works well. Other grains that can be substituted include rye flour or rye meal, soy flour or soy meal, kibbled wheat, wheatgerm, wholemeal flour, etc. I find that having a ratio of a total of 1 cup of grains and 1 cup wholemeal flour to 4 or 5 cups of white flour works well, without making the loaf too heavy. and for a recipe to use the cup of wholemeal flour plus have the cup of grains as a mix of 1/4 cup rye meal, 1/4 cup medium cornmeal, 1/4 cup kibbled wheat and 1/4 cup soy meal gives a bread similar to Molenberg bread. Add a handful of a mixture of linseeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds (there's no need to take out any flour to add these) and you'll have a bread similar to the Molenberg Soy and Linseed loaves. which is rather delicious.

jude164, Apr 3, 8:41am
lol just as I was starting to post Breadmaker beeped and the lost banana loaf that I thought I had looks yummmmmm, breadmaker fine after cool down - just to impaitiet lol, kitchen full of feijoa cooking cooling down ready to freeze, knackered tho & how so inconsiderate the family also wanted dinner, just as well as I had run out of eggs, well off to clean up the kitchen - hellll, need kitchen hands urgently lol.

juliewn, Apr 3, 1:05pm
I'm glad it's working well for you again. Would you like to share your recipe!. banana bread sounds delicious. thanks :-)

245sam, Apr 4, 2:22am
bumped for stephanos.:-))

juliewn, Apr 4, 12:48pm
Bumping for Racingroo :-)

jenna68, Apr 4, 9:53pm
pg 4 .

flo16, Apr 5, 1:10am
bump another bump for easter