Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 17 / 54
bunny51, Mar 16, 7:58am
Banana nut loaf water 3/4 cup, mashed ripe banana 3/4 cup, butter 1 tablespoon, salt 1 teaspoon, sugar 3 tablespoon, high grade flour 3 cups, surebake yeast 3 teaspoon, use sweet or basic cycle add 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts to dispenser or when beeps.

juliewn, Mar 16, 9:14am
Yummmm. they sound good Bunny. I'll be trying them. Can slightly over-ripe banana's be used - as you can for banana cake! Thanks for your help.

bunny51, Mar 16, 11:30pm
Yes the slightly over ripe bananas are the ones that are recommended if possible,

gazz, Mar 17, 12:29am
Bunny51 and Juliewn THANK YOU! Wonderful! Thanks so much for the Machine Banana Bread recipes. I will try them all over time. Great thread Julie.

juliewn, Mar 17, 3:19am
Bumping for Ellyoop. and Hot Cross Buns.

gazz, Mar 17, 5:00am
mmm Warm Banana Bread! Just made the Banana Macadamia Bread (But used Walnuts) Lovely soft texture, delicate banana flavour.Very good. Thanks so much for the recipe

books4nz, Mar 18, 1:19pm
#429 - thankyou for your recipe and will try it soon.

floralsun, Mar 19, 3:33am
bump for another trader =

juliewn, Mar 20, 5:16am
Bumping for Indigojo :-)

juliewn, Mar 20, 9:55am
Hi Dibble :-)

A quick way to look for a recipe or thread, making it easier to find any thread or posts in a thread that you're looking for.

Have the messageboard on your screen - or a thread open, etc.(or any internet page).
Either press the F3 button at the top of your keyboard, or on the lower left of your keyboard, hold down the control (Ctrl) key, and at the same time press the letter "F".
A box will pop up, either in the centre of your screen, bottom of your screen, or beneath the word 'Favourites' on the upper left of your screen.
Type a word you're looking for - ie "grain"and click next. and again. until you find what you're looking for. or you've found all the threads or posts on that page with that word in.
Not on that page of the messageboard!
Go to the next page and repeat. Hope this helps.

donna_jo29, Mar 20, 11:23am
Made a bread from the breadmaker in the weekend, to test a recipe it turned out perfect. having used 6 tspns of breadmaker yeast.I gave it to the M.I.L hubby said what did you do that for shes got more money then us, we cant afford to waste food and give it away i said dont worry it was used up flour from a year ago.

tinzaroo, Mar 21, 9:22pm
Hi guys! Re post #79 - Bunny's hot cross buns . I have started to make this in my breadmaker but the dough was too thick, and was not sticking together. I have added a but more milk and am hoping it will be okay. I am a great cook but I've had failures with hot cross buns about 11 times and this is my last ever attempt :o(

tinzaroo, Mar 21, 9:32pm
ok - dough as mixed now and looks okay so far . will post back later when it's gone through the rising and baking and let you know how I got on. All my other failures have been with hand made dough, but I can bake really nice bread! I just don't seem to have the knack for hot cross buns! AARRGGHH!

juliewn, Mar 22, 9:53am
Hot Cross Bun day tomorrow. friend's coming to stay. Hot Cross Buns for afternoon tea. yum!

iamkat, Mar 22, 10:19pm
bumping so I can find it later

lol

oz4uk, Mar 22, 11:06pm
hi. Just wondering if you can use the same recipe for a breadmaker but bake in the oven! The reason I ask is a mate baked a wicked seed loaf in the bread maker, but I don't have one. and she's given me the recipe! I wanna make it though

nzb1, Mar 23, 12:39am
In the breadmaker I made a standard white loaf and added the fine zest of 2 lemons and a cup of poppy seed - devine!

juliewn, Mar 23, 12:41am
Hi. yes you can make the dough in your breadmaker, then when it's about to begin proving and rising the bread, take it out. Your machine may well beep at that stage - and there may also be a dough making option in the control panel of your machine. Once out of the container, knead the doughlightly on a lightly floured surface until it's smooth. Shape it as you want and place in a greased tin - or tin's, or as rolls of any shape, on a baking paper lined oven tray. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise until doubled in size. Bake at 220°C until golden and the loaves or rolls sound hollow when tapped with a finger nail or spoon. And enjoy.

juliewn, Mar 23, 12:43am
Hi NZb1. that sounds a delcious combination. anything lemon is going to be popular here. thanks for posting. :-)

oz4uk, Mar 23, 2:20am
Thanks Julie My problem is that I don't have a breadmaker, so will have to do it from scratch. I remember that once upon a time you added 1/2 the flour with all the liquid ingredients to make a runny batter almost, then add the yeast. but this has to be left for a while! And then add the rest of the ingredients, knead, leave to rest, knead, rest and then oven! Oh, and what is bread improver! I couldn't find it at all in the shops today, or gluten flour!!

iamkat, Mar 23, 2:54am
oz4uk could you post your recipe as I am trying to find a really good seeded loaf recipe . lol I may have to make several different ones before I find "my" loaf - sad huh - NOT

oz4uk, Mar 23, 3:00am
This is what was used in a breville breadmaker This was sooo delicious. almost cake like, I couldn't get enough of it, I'm about to have a go mixing it all by hand and cooking in the oven! This is adapted from the breadmaker recipe book.* Water 375ml * Oil 3 Tbsp * Salt 2 tsp * Sugar 3 Tbsp * Bread flour (high grade) 2 cups * Wholemeal flour 2 cups * Gluten flour 2 Tbsp * Bread Improver 1 tsp * Milk Powder 2 Tbsp *Sunflower Seeds 3 Tbsp * Kibble wheat 3 1/2 Tbsp * Whole linseeds 3 Tbsp * Sesame seeds 3 Tbsp * Pumpkin seeds 3 Tbsp * Poppy Seeds 2 Tbsp *Yeast (active dried) 2 tsp * All into the breadmaker!

juliewn, Mar 23, 6:35am
Hi Tinzaroo. how did you get on with your buns! I hope they're successful and you've enjoyed your goodies.

tinzaroo, Mar 23, 7:13am
Hi there! Thanks for your message. They didn't rise as much as I would have liked, I never seem to be able to get them doubled in size! I baked them off anyway, and they came out ok, if a little on the heavy side.

wron, Mar 23, 8:01am
Can't have any risk of this thread expiring - yes I know it's saved, but really handy here - especially with Easter coming up rapidly - did you see the bit on telly tonight on hot x buns!