Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 16 / 54
risey, Mar 10, 11:56pm
bumping for someone looking for bread recipes

juliewn, Mar 12, 11:29am
Bumping for Gazz and also for Hot Cross Bun recipes.

juliewn, Mar 12, 11:59am
Bumping for pumpkin bread. :-)

jan2242, Mar 12, 8:21pm
flaxseed wheat bread have a recipe for this but haven't tried it if anyone wants it

juliewn, Mar 13, 3:10am
Hi. yes please Jan. that would be great. I've been including flaxseeds when making a variety of things lately, as they're so good for us. Bran Muffins are especially good with them in. I'll look forward to trying your recipe. thanks. :-)

juliewn, Mar 13, 3:12am
For those who don't have a manual with an appliance, including bread machines, manuals are sometimes available on this site: http://www.kitchenmanuals.com/

juliewn, Mar 13, 3:13am
For making bread dough the night before needed: I've sometimes made a dough the night before needed, and have found it's best to leave it in a bowl, covered firmly with plastic wrap, and place it in the fridge. It won't rise as much overnight as it will if left out of the fridge. Next morning, remove the plastic wrap and push the dough down with your hand so you're pushing the air out of the dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board, and knead lightly to form a smooth dough. Shape as you want for rolls, or place in a tin for loaves, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place to rise till doubled in size. usually about an hour to an hour and a half. Bake as usual.

juliewn, Mar 13, 3:14am
ps. as the dough takes a little while to warm
again from being in the fridge, it will do that as it's rising, so you'll have delicious home made goodies.

juliewn, Mar 13, 3:15am
To make Hot Cross Buns with chocolate replacing the dried fruit in a recipe. you can use any hot cross bun recipe, substituting chocolate chips, melts or buttons in place of the sultana's, currants or raisins that are usually in a recipe. Rise and bake as per the recipe. and enjoy.

juliewn, Mar 13, 3:16am
And. Melted chocolate or white chocolate would make a delicious cross on Hot Cross Buns - leave the buns to cool, then drizzle or use an icing piper to make the cross. Sound decadent!!

wron, Mar 13, 9:10am
What model is it! Mine is quite old and only makes one size (I have a new one still in a box -waiting for the original to die!) Basic loaf from memory in this order 2 tsp of surebake yeast 2 1/4 cups High grade flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp sugar 1 T butter or oil (I use grapeseed or rice bran) 1 T milk powder add small handful of seeds if desired, add just under 250 mls water. Good luck

jan2242, Mar 13, 9:11pm
Flax Seed Wheat Bread Flax Seed Wheat Bread-
makes 1 one pound loaf-
200g bread flour,
50g whole wheat flour,
1 teaspoon salt,
100g flax seeds,
2 teaspoons malt powder,
150 grams water,
1 teaspoon instant yeast.

Combine the flours, salt, seeds, malt, and yeast in a bowl. Stir in the water and mix until thoroughly combined. This dough is not a terribly moist one: it should be slightly tacky but not sticky. When shaped into a ball it should easily hold its shape.

jan2242, Mar 13, 9:11pm
cont. The seed and bran from the whole wheat prevent a high level of gluten development in this dough, so extensive kneading is not necessary.
Once all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined, place the ball of dough in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise for an hour to an hour and a half.
Shape the dough into 1 large or two small loaves, cover the loaves with plastic, and give them another hour to rise. In the meantime, preheat the oven and baking stone to 425 degrees.

jan2242, Mar 13, 9:12pm
cont. Brush the top of the loaves with water, score the loaves, and place them in the oven. Bake them at 425 for 20 minutes, rotate them 180 degrees, then bake them another 20 to 25 minutes. When done, they will be nicely browned on the outside, make a hollow sound when tapped upon, and register approximately 205 degrees in the center when measured with an instant read thermometer.

juliewn, Mar 14, 1:24pm
Yummm. that sounds very good Jan,, :-) thanks for sharing your recipe here. I've been adding other seeds and grains also to baking and rolls lately - pumpkin, sesame, flax and sunflower seeds. rolled oats, wheatgerm, oat bran, etc. it's nice to be able to have a change while still having lovely healthy goodies.

rambo24, Mar 14, 8:22pm
thanks heaps for your ideas i have a breadmaker and every time i try and make bread it never works out! might try "by hand" and see if that makes a difference, thanks again.

jenna68, Mar 14, 8:23pm
on page 3 :o)

jan2242, Mar 14, 8:30pm
Juliewn Yum - rolled oats. Now that is different. How did that come out!

juliewn, Mar 15, 2:44pm
Hi Rambo. let us know how you go. and enjoy your delicious goodies. Hi Jan. I used a cup of rolled oats in place of one cup of flour when I added the rolled oats to the bread roll dough I was making. I expected to see the oats inside the rolls once they were cooked. and they weren't even the slightest bit visible! I checked several rolls to believe they weren't showing! I quite like them sprinkled on top of rolls too, as they are in some purchased rolls. Have a lovely weekend everyone. Cheers. Julie

jan2242, Mar 15, 8:22pm
Juliewn Well I will be trying that one for sure. Love adding things to my breads too.

valentino, Mar 16, 12:23am
Bumping for timturtle. Post Number 385. Cheers

bunny51, Mar 16, 7:38am
I have a few different banana breads. Banana macadamia.750 gram loaf.water, 125ml, margarine 2 tablespoons, banana mashed 3/4 cups, 1 egg, salt 1 1/2 teaspoon, sugar 3 tablespoon, milk powder, 2 tablespoon high grade flour 3 1/4 cup 3 teaspoon surebake yeast. add at beep or to nut dispenser, macadamia nuts roughly chopped 1/2 cups. Add all ingredients to bread pan in order specified use sweet cycle

bunny51, Mar 16, 7:46am
Banana nut cinnamon swirl. eggs 2, milk 2 tablespoon, mashed ripe banana 100 grams, butter 1 1/2 tablespoon, sugar 1 1/2 tablespoon, salt 1/2 teaspoon, bread flour 425 grams yeast 2 1/4 teaspoon (Or if using surebake yeast, measure flour into scales using measuring cup then use 1 teaspoon surebake per cup of flour) add all ingredients to bread maker use dough cycle. filling ingredients: soft butter 1 1/2 tablespoon, brown sugar 3 tablespoon, cinnamon3/4 teaspoon, chopped pecans 3 tablespoon. When dough is ready roll into an oval aprox 23cm wide, spread butter over dough mix sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over dough, sprinkle pecans over sugar, roll dough into cylinder put cylinder into buttered 25cm loaf tin rub additional butter over top of loaf cover leave inwarm place to rise 1 hour, when risen bake in preheated oven 180oc 30 -40 min until top is golden

bunny51, Mar 16, 7:51am
mango and banana bread orange and mango juice 2 tablespoon, buttermilk 150 ml, 1 medium banana mashed, clear honey 2 tablespoon, high grade flour 3 cups, butter 2 tablespoon, surebake yeast 3 teaspoon place in breadmaker, use sweet cycle. (Might need to check water amount with this recipeas it sometimes needs adjusting) place in nut dispenser or add at beep. 1/4 cup chopped dried mango

bunny51, Mar 16, 7:55am
banana and peanut butter 2 bnanas mashed, crunchy peanut butter 4 tablespoons, milk, 1 cup, butter 2tablespoons, melted and cooled (or can use 2 tablespoons oil) sugar 2 tablespoons, salt 1/2 teaspoon, 3 1/2 cup high grade flour, 3 1/2 teaspoon surebake yeast. add to bread pan sweet cycle, check liquid amount with this recipe too (I usually check with any recipe that uses bananas because I have found that sometimes I need to add more flour or liquid depending on the size of the bananas)