Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-)

Page 14 / 54
oldie, Jan 31, 7:33pm
thanks 245.
i found the subeam to be similar in a lot of ways, and i printed off your recipes, will try the untested ones and let you know how they fare, they seem yummy.
cheers peter

lythande1, Feb 1, 2:46am
Whoo. 1tsp yeast. Leave to rise for 15 hours (approx), then bake.,

1Tbsp will make it rise too fast and you won't get the nice fluffy on the inside, crusty on the outside.

lindylambchops1, Feb 1, 8:55am
Could you please clarify the recipe?should it read 1 teaspoon of yeast?1 tablespoon of salt & 1 tablespoon of sugar?Many thanks!

lx4000, Feb 4, 9:37pm
bumping along:)

buzzy110, Feb 6, 2:17am
bumping for darlingmole

elliehen, Feb 6, 3:51am
Making it easier to find this recipe - EVERYONE loves a sticky bun :)

jc_cw, Feb 6, 8:06pm
hey there, I was wondering if anyone had a recipie for hand made feta and pumpkin bread?? or any other yummy savoury combinations?? my df loves homemade bread and i want to surprise him

davidt4, Feb 6, 8:27pm
Pumpkin Bread with Feta

600m tepid water
30g fresh yeast or 21g dried yeast
1kg strong bread flour
200g cooked pumpkin, well drained and sieved
1 tsp sugar
1 level tablespoon fine sea salt
200 g good quliaty feta, crumbled
semolina for dusting.

Makes 2 loaves.

Mix water, yeast and sugar, leave 10 min to start working.Mix flour, salt , add liquid and pumpkin and mix to a soft dough, add more water if neccessary.Knead by hand or with a dough hook in a food mixer until very elastic - about 10 minutes.

Return to bowl, cover and leave to rise at room temperature for 3 - 4 hours or until doubled in bulk OR in the fridge overnight.

Punch down, add feta and fold several times to combine.

Cut in two and shape each into a loaf by folding edges into centre over and over until it forms a bouncy evenly shaped loaf.Dust with semolina and either place in loaf tins or on an oven tray.

Leave to rise about 45 min at room temperature, bake at 200C for about 45 minutes or until dark golden brown.Cool COMPLETELY before cutting.You can use half wholemeal flour if you like.

jc_cw, Feb 6, 8:39pm
I have no semolina and only normal flour..does that matter??

davidt4, Feb 6, 9:03pm
You need strong flour to make bread.Champion High Grade is good.

Don't worry about the semolina.

buzzy110, Feb 6, 9:55pm
Semolina is preferable but ordinary flour will do. Remember that the word here is 'dust' not as in keep piling flour onto the kneading surface to stop the dough from being sticky, kneading should do that, but merely to 'help' the kneading process along.

245sam, Feb 14, 7:19am
bumped:-))

bunny51, Feb 15, 8:57pm
and bump it was getting abit low. (Someone was looking for bread maker recipes they might like this thread)

tehenga288, Feb 16, 3:54am
Bumping for someone looking for easy bread recipes

bunny51, Feb 16, 5:05am
and another bump because someone else was looking.

uli, Feb 16, 5:42am
We do this "sweet breads" all the time Just use ordinary bread dough and add raisins or other dried fruit and chopped nuts. I make them into a plait or into buns. Eaten fresh with butter a delight! Or today I made a plum cake with bread dough as the bottom and plums and almonds on top. Once baked it gets liberally dusted with cinnamon and caster sugar. Must be eaten fresh on the day. Best lukewarm with whipped cream. Soon it will be apples on that cake.

valentino, Feb 16, 7:16am
donna23 Post numbers 385, 386 and 387 is a very nice Easter bun Recipe, it is worth a try. Cheers

tehenga288, Feb 16, 9:08am
Bump for mums toys .

juliewn, Feb 16, 12:03pm
Bumping for home-made goodies. .

bunny51, Feb 17, 12:33am
and bumping for margaret

juliewn, Feb 18, 4:55am
Bumping for Munrotti :-)

oopie, Feb 18, 9:04am
I also make filled bread Roll out dough to a rectangleish shape a bit thicker in the middle.Grate an apple, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a tablespoon of brown sugar or two, some dried fruit and a bit of melted butter if you like - mix up and spread down the middle.Cut the edges like feathers about an inch or two wide and 'plait' them over the fruit tucking in the last few.Prove and bake.You can ice it with plain white icing if it lasts long enough to cool.

kennymac, Feb 19, 12:43am
. bump

winnie231, Feb 19, 3:28am
bump for naan .

juliewn, Feb 19, 7:35am
Hi Winnie. how are you! I hope your hand is healing well.