Meatloaf Onion Marmalade

darlingmole, May 16, 9:24am
bumping for the onion marmalade

fisher, Aug 4, 12:46am
Meatloaf Onion Marmalade
Serve with meat loaf that has no sauce or any meat dish.
2 tbsp oil,2 large onions sliced (or moreif wanted),1 tbsp minced garlic,zest and juice of two oranges,1/2 tsp coriander,1/2 tsp mixed spice,1/2 cup brown sugar.
Heat oil, add onions and sauté for 15 mins until beginning to brown. Add all other ingredients and cook further 10 mins until mixture is thick.
Cool, and serve with the basic meatloaf that has no sauce or as a side dish to any meat dish. . Will keep in airtight container in fridge.

elliehen, Aug 4, 12:53am
Would be tasty with vegetarian loaves and patties too :)

fisher, Aug 4, 2:54am
what she said.:}

elliehen, Aug 4, 4:19am
Have copied it to the veg recipes thread :)

gardie, Aug 4, 4:30am
Sounds like a great recipe - I'm always looking for something to have with meatloaf.Thanks

gardie, Aug 4, 5:10am
About to make this to go with my wiener schnitzel.Thanks fisher.

winnie231, Aug 4, 5:21am
**waves to fisher**
Hope all's well in the winterless north :)
Yummy recipe by the way .

fisher, Aug 4, 5:59am
Yo Winnie. busy with gardens, replanting, seedlings, retaining walls and boats trying to beat winter so as to have summer free. all going to plan.
How's it rocking down there.hope your plans are coming to fruition.

kirinesha, Aug 4, 6:14am
Hi Fisher, think I'll try that - sounds lovely (with an alternative to brown sugar though - probably Xylitol).

:)

griffo4, Aug 4, 7:46am
Thank you fisher for another great recipe

fisher, Aug 4, 11:41am
Cheers griffo4. Hiyas Kiri. the brown sugar is the sweetener but also the thickening agent.as long as it acts in the same way .Hows it goin in the big smoke.luvin it up here.:}

gardie, Aug 5, 4:30am
Sounds like a great recipe - I'm always looking for something to have with meatloaf.Thanks

winnie231, Aug 5, 5:21am
**waves to fisher**
Hope all's well in the winterless north :)
Yummy recipe by the way .

fisher, Aug 5, 5:59am
Yo Winnie. busy with gardens, replanting, seedlings, retaining walls and boats trying to beat winter so as to have summer free. all going to plan.
How's it rocking down there.hope your plans are coming to fruition.

kirinesha, Aug 5, 6:14am
Hi Fisher, think I'll try that - sounds lovely (with an alternative to brown sugar though - probably Xylitol).

:)

gardie, Aug 5, 7:54pm
The recipe was great with the schnitzel - everyone loved it.Definately make it again although I did find it needed to simmer for a little longer to thicken it.I also only used one orange but the flavour was still quite strong.