Failproof sushi for dummies recipe please!!!

marley, Mar 22, 10:53am
Actually I remember food in a minute did one - anyone tried this? Does it work? Whats some yummy combos??? Does the Japanese mayo really make a difference??? I have heard people swear by it???

nzl99, Mar 22, 6:54pm
It was far easier than I was expecting... only made it the once though as I got tired of all the chopping of the fillings. :PDidn't use Japanese Mayo... just BestFoods.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2111796&id=1225939081&l=3bee3c68db

jag5, Mar 22, 7:07pm
I put off making it....literally for years....I am a good cook, but making sushi I decided was too difficult.I finally succumbed and bought a kit a few weeks ago......sheeeeeesh....it is so easy.I don't know what I was worried about LOL.Just coming up with filling ideas can be a bit tricky...but I have used chicken in mayo in a can....tuna although you need to work quickly as the oil goes through the rice and softens the nori and it tears.....sliced carrot, celery, avocado, wasabi of course....basically you can put anything in....soft or crunchy.

nzl99, Mar 22, 8:24pm
I know!That's exactly why I waited so long... man... talk about painfully simple.Even my kidlets did it.I found the ingredients and mat much cheaper at the Asian supermarket than at the local ones.Even saw a mat at the $2 shop.

I used youtube and watched how the rolling was done... tonnes of clips on there. :-)

ashanti, Mar 22, 10:42pm
A japanese visitor to our farm gave me the recipe they used at a japanese restaurant she was working at in Auckland. two part brown vinegar to caster sugar (or to taste) add to rice once cooked (use the absorption method or a rice cooker)
Her favourite filling was tuna drained and mixed with mayo and a bit of salt and pepper, we added wasabi into our mayo mix artehr than layer on separately.

marie196, Mar 23, 4:00am
I just had some with acocado, pickled ginger and wasabi - YUM

marley, Mar 23, 7:41am
Hey if Im making it tomorow for afternoon tea can I make it now so its all done (the rools and I will cut it just before serving???) is that ok??? Or will making it in advance that much ruin it???

marley, Mar 23, 8:43am
How far in advance can I make sushi???

marley, Mar 23, 8:47am
Also can I use a rice cooker to cook the rice for the sushi??? I have only seen recipes for making it by the pot???

marley, Mar 23, 8:47am
oven-top I mean...hahaha

ashanti, Mar 23, 9:15am
I was told by my japanese visitor you must make it up just before serving.

marley, Mar 23, 10:53am
Actually I remember food in a minute did one - anyone tried this! Does it work! Whats some yummy combos! Does the Japanese mayo really make a difference! I have heard people swear by it!

nzl99, Mar 23, 6:54pm
It was far easier than I was expecting. only made it the once though as I got tired of all the chopping of the fillings. :PDidn't use Japanese Mayo. just BestFoods.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php!aid=2111796&id=1225939081&l=3bee3c68db

jag5, Mar 23, 7:07pm
I put off making it.literally for years.I am a good cook, but making sushi I decided was too difficult.I finally succumbed and bought a kit a few weeks ago.sheeeeeesh.it is so easy.I don't know what I was worried about LOL.Just coming up with filling ideas can be a bit tricky.but I have used chicken in mayo in a can.tuna although you need to work quickly as the oil goes through the rice and softens the nori and it tears.sliced carrot, celery, avocado, wasabi of course.basically you can put anything in.soft or crunchy.

nzl99, Mar 23, 8:24pm
I know!That's exactly why I waited so long. man. talk about painfully simple.Even my kidlets did it.I found the ingredients and mat much cheaper at the Asian supermarket than at the local ones.Even saw a mat at the $2 shop.

I used youtube and watched how the rolling was done. tonnes of clips on there. :-)

winnie15, Mar 24, 4:42am
loved the pics and directions !

marley, Mar 24, 7:41am
Hey if Im making it tomorow for afternoon tea can I make it now so its all done (the rools and I will cut it just before serving!) is that ok! Or will making it in advance that much ruin it!

marley, Mar 24, 8:43am
How far in advance can I make sushi!

marley, Mar 24, 8:47am
Also can I use a rice cooker to cook the rice for the sushi! I have only seen recipes for making it by the pot!

marley, Mar 24, 8:47am
oven-top I mean.hahaha

marley, Mar 26, 6:38am
WOW awesome!!! Yes I had success with mine as well - devoured them all at the party and so I made some the next day for lunch with the leftover ingredients...Definitely easy!!! Dunno why I was so scared!!! My son loves it and nwo I can make it for lunches sometimes for him!!!

marley, Mar 26, 6:39am
Oh I made it on th eoven too and that was easy as well!!!

marley, Mar 27, 6:38am
WOW awesome! Yes I had success with mine as well - devoured them all at the party and so I made some the next day for lunch with the leftover ingredients.Definitely easy! Dunno why I was so scared! My son loves it and nwo I can make it for lunches sometimes for him!

marley, Mar 27, 6:39am
Oh I made it on th eoven too and that was easy as well!