Sushi mayo

blaze_2005, Nov 24, 8:58pm
what is the mayo that the people at the sushi shops use? i read it on here somewhere once that it can be bought at the supermarket, but one has a yellow top and one has a red top and they said what one was better.... but now i cant work out where i read it lol... so yellow or red?

jaydan1, Nov 24, 9:04pm
Could it be that one of them is lite? Yes, go to the international Isle at your supermarket. I always see it there. Im currently eating a yummy rice ball at the moment lol.

uli, Nov 24, 9:43pm
"Lite"? What is that?

k_gill, Nov 24, 9:48pm
They both taste the same to me.... i think the lid colours are for the 2 different sizes - if it helps i use the red one as its what i seen being used at the sushi shop :)

blaze_2005, Nov 24, 10:10pm
haha ok thanks guys :)

charlieb2, Nov 24, 11:45pm
The 'yellow' top is mustard flavoured.

nauru, Nov 25, 1:06am
I use the honey mustard dressing when I make sushi at home.The WW one is nice.

uli, Nov 25, 5:53am
What do you do with the dressing nauru?
Never heard of sushi with dressing before.

sumstyle, Nov 25, 8:13am
uli, my two local sushi shops sell it in little pottles, plus one does red onion slices and mayo over little California rolls.Yummy.

nauru, Nov 25, 8:54am
Oops!!, That should have been honey mustard mayonnaise not dressing.I usually put a line of the mayo down the centre of the rice before adding the fish/chicken & veges, top with rice and roll.

greerg, Nov 25, 7:30pm
Does anyone know the brand please?My son is sushi-mad but he says my home-made mayo doesn't taste like the stuff in sushi shops so I would buy this if I knew what it was.

charlieb2, Nov 25, 7:42pm
greerg... it you go to Countdown/Woolworths the brand is Kewpie..(you can actually get a little 50g taster bottle).It will be in the International section....The plain mayo comes in a plain plastic bottle with a red cap and that is wrapped in a plastic bag with red lines at the top and a funny little on the bottle, with Japanese writing across it.The mustard mayo is similar except YELLOW instead of red

sumstyle, Sep 8, 5:00pm
good hint charlieb cos I've been too chicken to buy a regular sized bottle in case I got the wrong thing.Yay! thanks.