Anyone losing weight with healthy eating?

Page 1 / 4
garfeild101, Mar 9, 2:55am
Im trying to lose around 10kgs and so far im at 4.3kgs as per this morning.

I am having a big breakfast or normally fruit and bran cereal or poached eggs on toast, small morning tea, soup or sald for lunch, small arvo snack and then a normal dinner but portioned well or a green smoothie and a snack. I own a ab circle pro but hard to use in the smallest 1brm house having to move furniture each use and the deck is good when its not raining.

Anyone trying to lose some weight by eating small meals and having luck? Any advice is great too

wildflower, Mar 9, 2:59am
I've eaten healthy for over half my life, bike at least 50km a day, walk 7-10km a day, watch my carbs, eat heaps of protein, raw veg, fruit and my weight never goes down.My doc is over 6 ft and skinny as and has this thing about weight, but what the hell else can I do?Now I just try to keep things even and be happy.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 9, 3:13am
I lose weight by eating until I'm full.

guinevere2, Mar 9, 4:03am
me too...losing weight by eating small amounts of really low fat and boring food works well enough but most people can't keep it up for their whole lives.

sumstyle, Mar 9, 5:57am
garfield are you asking if you can lose weight solely by changing to a better diet, or are you doing other new exercise apart from the abcircle pro?Cos eating healthier is part of the solution, but you also need to be burning up more than you are consuming and I'm thinking the abcircle pro isn't going to be enough.

aadunn77, Mar 9, 6:10am
Mate, that must really suck! especially if you ARE trying to lose weight?? How is it possible, what does your dr have to say about it?

julie_, Mar 9, 6:11am
Yes, I am!9kg so far :) and I've been happy too!I think the secret is herbs, spices & flavour!You can not enjoy food without flavour.My fave addictions are chilli, coriander, cumin, mint (with yoghurt especially) & salt & pepper.I've always loved vegetables so I'm lucky I guess.I want to start exercising a bit though as well.Nothing hardcore, just some walking would be good.Congrats on your weight loss OP :)

uli, Mar 9, 6:26am
sumstyle one doesn't lose weight by doing exercises.

Sure - it might speed up your metabolism - but so does a spoonful of coconut oil.

In general diet is 80% of weight loss and exercise 20%. If you do too much exercise it is counterproductive, as you will get too hungry.

The best weight loss diet is one you can continue for years to come - so you avoid jojoing all the time.

knowsley, Mar 9, 6:36am
Exercise uses calories, so will help towards putting you in a deficit, and then you will lose weight. Exercise doesn't make all people hungry either. There have also been studies done that show while some people did increase appetite with exercise, the extra food they took in was generally less than what was consumed calorie wisewith exercise.

Jojoing????

julie_, Mar 9, 8:45am
Yes I have been told that so many times & I have done it myself.Far easier to eat better to lose weight than to exercise for weight loss.ideally I guess you'd do both, but if I had to choose one it would definitely be diet over exercise.

sumstyle, Mar 9, 8:54am
Poster one asked for advice.I asked her if she was also doing exercise to burn excess calories.I didn't say don't bother with eating healthier.

From my experience of losing nearly 30 kgs, eating healthy certainly helped reduce my weight, and when I exercised more my weight loss per week was consistently higher.

buzzy110, Mar 9, 9:06am
sumstyle and garfield - Define 'healthy'. We all appear to have a different opinion on what constitutes 'healthy' eating and the conversation will make no sense until we discover what it is you think is healthy.

wilfar, Mar 9, 9:10am
I have had success recently (am only slightly heavier than I need to be) by sticking to a low GI diet and having Nutrastart in the morning instead of breakfast (I still have porridge but no toast). Nutrastart is a 4Life product and yummy. I attend a community weight loss challenge meeting every week and some really overweight people are losing around 3 kg a week. Everyone who has been attending for the past six weeks has lost weight. It's great fun, especially as it is a diet, just healthy eating.

elliehen, Mar 9, 9:15am
What baby kangaroos - joeys - do...Jojoing Jojoing Jojoing.

Big kangaroos go Boing Boing Boing :)

sumstyle, Mar 9, 9:24am
buzzy as it's not my thread I will graciously withdraw from the discussion

buzzy110, Mar 9, 9:29am
I have to agree with you. Diet always works much better than exercise. However, a diet where you are trying to eat less calories than you burn will only result in hunger, followed by diet failure.

hestia, Mar 9, 10:05am
Sumstyle, you would be correct in your assertions.

hestia, Mar 9, 10:07am
???????????

W = Fd

knowsley, Mar 9, 6:04pm
Exercise has other benefits than just calorie consumption. And you have a very simplistic (and wrong) view on diets. One day you'll click that the only way to lose bodyfat is to consume less calories than you use. Hunger doesn't always come into it, depending on your food choices with your diet. Plenty of people have successfully dieted and kept the weight off. Maybe you need to get your nose out of the books you read and take a look at real world experiences.

sandi_mather, Mar 9, 9:07pm
I have been on a low carb (low GI) diet for 5 weeks and lost 5 kilos....doesn't mean I can't have any carbs just burgen bread not other, porridge made with water (add yoghurt to make it tasty!) etc less potatoes at tea time. Haven't been hungry as my portion size hasn't changed.
Good luck!

bedazzledjewels, Mar 9, 9:57pm
I don't accept the calories out - calories in hypothesis. Have seen many people eat fewer calories than they expend and still put on weight.

knowsley, Mar 9, 10:30pm
Anecdotal evidence is so much more believable than science, isn't it? Did you weigh all their food intake over a period of time and calculate their calorie intake, and then by what means did youaccurately measure their calorific output? Or did you just take a guess at all this and decide that was more accurate than countless scientific studies?

buzzy110, Mar 10, 1:53am
A choice between people following a rigourous scientifically prescribed diet or people doing what people do. Mmmm. I wonder which one people will follow? My money is on the diet that people find suits them best and that probably isn't a diet that researchers prescribe for their study 'animals'.

Actually knowsley there has really only been three studies following a group of people for an extended period of time where all the food was weighed and precisely calibrated and even then there were anomaliesThere has also been a couple of a much shorter duration. The object of these research trials was to discover whether a low fat diet was good for heart health.

It is impossible to follow people in the real world. No one will ever tell the exact truth about what they eat over every day for any period of time. Therefore all your scientific studies about weight loss, etc, are little more than anecdotal.

fey, Mar 10, 2:23am
I have lost 22 kgs over the last two years largely by diet.My doctor wanted me to lose a kilo a week but I went to a nutritionist who recommended a steady loss of 200-300g a week.She taught me a lot about nutrition - but on the whole it was the tricks that worked best.My problem was always portion size.She told me to halve everything then take one thing away.If I was still hungry after that, I was to wait 10 minutes then make myself a hot drink ( without sugarlol), drink it then wait another 10 minutes.I was not usually hungry after that - it was a fool the mind technique.I never gave up any of the foods I love - like chocolate but I had to learn how much was enough.all I can say is it worked for me.

garfeild101, Mar 10, 2:55am
Im trying to lose around 10kgs and so far im at 4.3kgs as per this morning.

I am having a big breakfast or normally fruit and bran cereal or poached eggs on toast, small morning tea, soup or sald for lunch, small arvo snack and then a normal dinner but portioned well or a green smoothie and a snack. I own a ab circle pro but hard to use in the smallest 1brm house having to move furniture each use and the deck is good when its not raining.

Anyone trying to lose some weight by eating small meals and having luck! Any advice is great too