Milk Powder help

rainbowpride, Mar 4, 10:06pm
Hi guys I am about to do some baking and I have run out of milk and I am to lazy to go up the road.I have some pams milk powder but its in a container so I dont know the ratio to make themilk can someone let me know how many tablespoons of milk to what ratio of water please.

Thanks in advance

elliehen, Mar 4, 10:17pm
Pam's packet beside me says: " Add 100g to 1 litre of water to make 1 litre of milk."I make mine thinner, but that's just my preference :)

harrislucinda, Mar 4, 10:29pm
soifyoudontwant tomakealitredo 1partpowder to4partswaterthatisonmyoldpamspacket

elliehen, Mar 5, 10:17pm
Pam's packet beside me says: " Add 100g to 1 litre of water to make 1 litre of milk."I make mine thinner, but that's just my preference :)

cgvl, Mar 5, 10:43pm
This is what I use when I run out of milk and have to use milk powder:
¼ cup milk powder to 1 cup water, which is what harrislucinda has suggested.
If you just want it fir a hot drink ie coffee or tea then just between 1-4 tsp per cup depending on how milky you like your coffee.

gardie, Mar 6, 12:23am
Whole milk powder is a ratio of 1:4 = 1 part milk powder to 4 of water.
Skim milk powder is a ratio of 1:5.
When using milk powder in baking, I just put it in with the dry ingredients and add water in place of milk.Works perfectly every time.(I got the tip from somewhere and use it all the time - even in scones).

guest, Jan 11, 5:34am
Such a deep anserw! GD&RVVF

guest, Jan 13, 1:17pm
yes it makes great cheese. no no no you cant. I would have to ask why you would even ask such a qiusteon? who ever told you this you should slap them.

guest, Jan 14, 9:51am
Just cause it's simple doesn't mean it's not super helufpl.