Gluten free curry powder and chicken stock??

livys_mum, Mar 17, 2:47am
Hi, I'm making pumpkin soup for a large group, one of whom is gluten free.I've checked my usual chicken stock and curry powder and they contain gluten, and so have found out some alternatives...but have no idea where to buy them from.Can anyone help??

Powdered chicken stock = masam (brand name)
Curry powder = Vencat (comes in a red pottle)

lilyfield, Mar 17, 3:01am
that curry powder I have bought in P&S. chickenstock? no idea. leave it out.

davidt4, Mar 17, 3:05am
Make real chicken stock out of water and chickens.

oscarnz, Mar 17, 6:11am
you should be able to get the chicken stock at most supermarkets - often they have a gluten free section where they have it

earthangel4, Mar 17, 6:35am
I buy mine from count down or new world,they have a gluten free section,in both stores,also bin inn.

herika, Mar 17, 6:35am
Massel have a chicken stock which can be bought at Countdown.If the person is okay with these ingredients it is very good: sea salt, palm shortening, sugar, dehydrated onion, rice flour, corn maltodextrin, yeast extract, natural vege flavours, tumeric colour, and dehydrated parsley. You get 10 cubes. You cant go too far wrong if you just use all natural ingredients, but to be on the safe side I would ask the gluten intolerant person if there is anything as well as gluten that they cant have.All the best, hope it goes well, you are doing a good job.

livys_mum, Mar 17, 6:41am
Thanks everyone, all of your comments have been really helpful.

mucky333, Mar 17, 11:27pm
countdown/new world for the stocks, most supermarkets for the curry powder.

livys_mum, Mar 18, 2:47am
Hi, I'm making pumpkin soup for a large group, one of whom is gluten free.I've checked my usual chicken stock and curry powder and they contain gluten, and so have found out some alternatives.but have no idea where to buy them from.Can anyone help!

Powdered chicken stock = masam (brand name)
Curry powder = Vencat (comes in a red pottle)

lilyfield, Mar 18, 3:01am
that curry powder I have bought in P&S. chickenstock! no idea. leave it out.

earthangel4, Mar 18, 6:35am
I buy mine from count down or new world,they have a gluten free section,in both stores,also bin inn.