Curry powder. Which brand do you find the best

cottagerose, Apr 4, 7:51am
I dont like a HOT curry powder but never know which one to buy. Normally I buy vancat but havent been able to find it lately

lilyfield, Apr 4, 7:54am

korbo, Apr 4, 7:58am
one in a red tin at sup.mkt.

fisher, Apr 4, 8:20am
x1
I make my own but have "VENCAT" on standby...

nainmary, Apr 4, 8:45am
My favourite is Brindavin medium, not always easy to come by though. Well here in Otago it isn't. Vencat used to be my favourite until I tried this one!

deus701, Apr 4, 9:34am
Adabi, from asian shops. Brahims are not too bad.

pickles7, Apr 4, 9:34am
I used to buy Vencat.
I am on to an Indian blend now, way superior.

dezzie, Apr 4, 10:10am
I like it as well, and have used it for years, but it is hard to find, usually when I do find it I get a couple of containers.

kaffy1, Apr 4, 10:19am
Brindavin hot is the real deal, I use that or go to local Indian shop

janny3, Apr 4, 10:59am
I like this one too but its not easy to get outside the main centres.Indian cousin is happy w/ Pam's curry powder stand-by.

petal1955, Apr 4, 11:21am
Vencat in the orange container is good...usually stocked by Pak N Save...but I found one I like even better at the Mediterranean Food Warehouse in Lower HUtt.thier HOT curry powder is very very good.........they are online and you can order
http://www.medifoods.co.nz/

cottagerose, Apr 5, 3:11am
Interesting!! I think I will have a go at making my own from lilyfields recipe.
I work at paknsave and we sell brindavin curry so I dont know why you cant get it in Otago. Ask customer services to ask the buyer to get it in

lilyfield, Apr 5, 7:54am

fisher, Apr 5, 8:20am
I make my own but have "VENCAT" on standby.

nainmary, Apr 5, 8:45am
My favourite is Brindavin medium, not always easy to come by though. Well here in Otago it isn't. Vencat used to be my favourite until I tried this one!

janny3, Apr 5, 10:59am
I like this one too but its not easy to get outside the main centres.Indian cousin is happy w/ Pam's curry powder stand-by.Hers always has an authentic flavour.

petal1955, Apr 5, 11:21am
Vencat in the orange container is good.usually stocked by Pak N Save.but I found one I like even better at the Mediterranean Food Warehouse in Lower HUtt.thier HOT curry powder is very very good.they are online and you can order
http://www.medifoods.co.nz/

cottagerose, Apr 6, 3:11am
Interesting! I think I will have a go at making my own from lilyfields recipe.
I work at paknsave and we sell brindavin curry so I dont know why you cant get it in Otago. Ask customer services to ask the buyer to get it in

bel55, Apr 6, 4:23am
My favourite is the Rawleighs one, especially the fruity curry powder.

bearskin, Apr 6, 4:59am
Pataks paste. Not the simmer sauce, it has to be the paste. Enough in a $6 jar to make three or four curries. The Tikka masala is my favourite.

emmapear, Apr 6, 11:51am
If you want a real curry taste...dont use curry powder. You won't find it anywhere in India!

pjcat, Apr 6, 8:18pm
x1
Red curry paste is great, I just use Greggs.Much better flavour than curry powder.

emmapear, Apr 7, 11:51am
If you want a real curry taste.dont use curry powder. You won't find it anywhere in India!