Making a cup of tea

Page 5 / 5
evorotorua, Feb 27, 6:54pm
oh ginger sounds like a nice thing to add. Isn't it funny how we all do our own little ritual! Winnie, pleased to hear you have lovely friends that you know you are safe with your feelings and emotions. they are the best kind.

elliehen, Feb 27, 9:21pm
In the old pre-1950 New Zealand cookery books, measurements for flour and sugar are given in 'Breakfast cups' and 'Teacups' - the breakfast cup being a large generous size for the first cuppa of the day, and the teacup a smaller one like the dainty china described above.

elliehen, Feb 27, 9:21pm
In the old pre-1950 New Zealand cookery books, measurements for flour and sugar are given in 'Breakfast cups' and 'Teacups' - the breakfast cup being a large generous size for the first cuppa of the day, and the teacup a smaller one like the dainty china described above.

elliehen, Feb 27, 9:24pm
That's amazing...and so good to see the store still flourishing too.It's unique!

elliehen, Feb 27, 9:24pm
That's amazing.and so good to see the store still flourishing too.It's unique!

cookessentials, Feb 27, 9:51pm
And what is on her board even more poignant right now.
"Remember, there is no such thing as a small act of kindness
Every act creates a ripplewith no logical end"

kinna54, Feb 27, 11:45pm
Just picked up to come back online here. I enjoy both tea and coffee but I am a fussy duck! Love Cha nui Earl grey. Sometimes on a budget I have to limit the expensive lines. (just like my wee dram, (which is VERY rare on my budget now) the visitors get the good stuff lol).
Just taking that time out for that cuppa puts the world to rights. May you all continue to enjoy!

dollertree, Feb 28, 1:25am
Try loose tea leafs of Lipton and Wagh Bakri brand........ummmm can i have some more tea please, that's what visitors say when they drink tea at my house. A cup of tea relax the mind.

dollertree, Feb 28, 1:25am
Try loose tea leafs of Lipton and Wagh Bakri brand.ummmm can i have some more tea please, that's what visitors say when they drink tea at my house. A cup of tea relax the mind.

evorotorua, Feb 28, 6:35pm
Good morning tea lovers of the world. Welcome too to coffee and hot water drinkers. Actually everyone!!!!! I hope you day goes well for you.

margyr, Feb 28, 6:50pm
good morning to you also evorotorua. funny you mention hot water as I was very sick a few years back and drank alot of boiled water, and even have it every so often now, it is funny how nice (different) it is to cold water.

cookessentials, Feb 28, 8:41pm
Oh, dont get me wrong, I really enjoy a good coffee and I dont drink a heap of tea, but sometimes, it just hits the spot.

evorotorua, Mar 1, 2:57am
My family drink coffee, as in my parents and my brother have always had a coffee first thing in the morning but I just can't do it. Apparently I have never had a 'good' coffee but I think it's never going to do it for me. Anyway, it's the social part that's important so I always have coffee on hand for those who want it. Enjoy.

evorotorua, Mar 1, 6:35pm
Good morning tea lovers of the world. Welcome too to coffee and hot water drinkers. Actually everyone! I hope you day goes well for you.

evorotorua, Mar 2, 2:57am
My family drink coffee, as in my parents and my brother have always had a coffee first thing in the morning but I just can't do it. Apparently I have never had a 'good' coffee but I think it's never going to do it for me. Anyway, it's the social part that's important so I always have coffee on hand for those who want it. Enjoy.

juliewn, Mar 4, 3:23am
Hi Erica.. thanks.. and Happy Birthday too :-) I'm glad all is well.. am in the planning and making goodies stage of organising Jenni's 21st party for next month.. have made 2 x tomato relish, tomato sauce, bottled beetroot, made basil (several kinds I've grown), parsley and lemon balm pesto with macadamia's added, mint sauce, have tomatoes drying in my oven - all for the party.. and all using veges and herbs I'm growing.. feels very good to have them to make delicious party goodies. I've also preserved plums, made plum jam and have a large tray of prune plums drying in the oven - they taste very goooood!

This all reminds me of discussions with you on preserves, etc.. in the Preserves thread.. when we were both making lots of goodies.. :-)

Jenni has a few minutes ago received an email from her big brother in Brisbane to say he's coming for her party - has been a surprise till now.. she's one very happy little Sis..

Take good care.. hugs..

juliewn, Mar 5, 3:23am
Hi Erica. thanks. and Happy Birthday too :-) I'm glad all is well. am in the planning and making goodies stage of organising Jenni's 21st party for next month. have made 2 x tomato relish, tomato sauce, bottled beetroot, made basil (several kinds I've grown), parsley and lemon balm pesto with macadamia's added, mint sauce, have tomatoes drying in my oven - all for the party. and all using veges and herbs I'm growing. feels very good to have them to make delicious party goodies. I've also preserved plums, made plum jam and have a large tray of prune plums drying in the oven - they taste very goooood!

This all reminds me of discussions with you on preserves, etc. in the Preserves thread. when we were both making lots of goodies. :-)

Jenni has a few minutes ago received an email from her big brother in Brisbane to say he's coming for her party - has been a surprise till now. she's one very happy little Sis.

Take good care. hugs.