Stuck for tea tonight i have a kg of chicken legs

greertontga1, May 4, 9:57pm
and not much else, although i have plenty of pumpkins, no potatoes or onions altho i hav onion soup and some cream, any ideas please im tryna feed 6 people

ruby19, May 4, 10:07pm
Chicken casserole.

This is easy, could you borrow anonion from your neighbours?
4 chicken leg portions
4 chicken thigh portions * just use what you have
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
2 1/2 – 3 cups water
50 g butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups chicken stock, (reserved from boiling the chicken)
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley ( I have also used dill)
salt and pepper
4 slices of thick sliced bread
25 g butter
1/4 cup grated cheese

Method
Place the chicen portions into a large lidded saucepan with the water and bring to the boil, simmer until cooked, approximately 30-40 minutes. Remove the chicken from the stock, and leave to cool.
In a medium saucepan melt the butter and gently cook the onion and the garlic over a low-med heat until the onion is soft. Add the flour and cook stirring for 1 minute, slowly add the stock, stirring until the sauce thickens. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes before stirring in the cream and parsley. Remove from the heat and season. Remove the meat from the bones. Gently stir the meat into the sauce and pour into a 4 cup capacity oven dish, sprinkle over the breadcrumb mixture.

Breadcrumbs.. process the bread in a food processor , add the butter and whizz until mixed , then add the cheese and whizz again until mixed through.

greertontga1, May 4, 10:10pm
oh thank you so much didnt know wot it was gonna do

tarshlove, May 5, 2:42am
Five Spice Chicken
Good for in the crock pot or make in the morning and bake at night

Ingredients
* 2 Cloves garlic crushed
* 4 tbl Soy sauce
* 2 tb Oil
* 1/2 tsp Five spices
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1 ts Brown Sugar or Honey
* 1/2 tsp Pepper

Preparation
1. Mince garlic then combine with remaining ingredients, blending well.
2. Poor over chicken cook for at 180deg for 45mins or until cooked.

Note: You can add 3/4 tsp Hoisin sauce if you want.

greertontga1, May 5, 3:21am
hi, im just wondering if you dont have 5 spices what else would be good i just had a look i have lemon pepper, ground paprika mixed herbs rosemary garlic sage ginger tumeric cayenne pepper

ninascraft, May 6, 1:10am
Sunshine chicken...Into a caserole, puta tin of pineapple peices juice and all, add one red and one green chunky chopped capsicums.(or just one, or half of each) two packets of tomatoe soup mix and enough water to cover chicken.mix well, and put in thawed chicken.(any cut will do, thighs, legs mixed pieces)Cook for 1 1/2 hrs at 160-180.Lovely with baked potatoes.I save the liquor, strain it and freeze and use for a soup base later.
Good luck

kinna54, May 6, 5:28am
Crumbed chicken, chicken maryland, coq au vin, chicken with mushroom sauce, apricot chicken, or try coating the chicken with rosemary, garlic lemon pepper and a bit of flour, oven bake and serve with a herbed gravy... just add a few mixed herbs or rosemary to a nice rich gravy.

toadfish, May 6, 5:33pm
Probably to late but.....

Sophie Gray’s Chicken & Couscous
From the Sophie Gray book called Enjoy. Note from Sophie: If I am making this dish I skin the drumsticks by gripping the skin with a paper towel and pulling it of like a stocking. I then drizzle the pan with some olive oil. Its healthier than fat from the chicken.

Serves 4.

8 chicken drumsticks
½ onion,
3 cloves garlic crushed,
1 tsp dried thyme,
1 parsnip,
1 potato cut into chunks,
1 small Swede,
kumara, or chunk pumpkin cubed,
2 large carrots cut chunky,
2 cups stock or water and powder stock,
2 tsp olive oil optional,
1 cup frozen veg,
1 ½ cups couscous.

Pre heat oven to 180c Place drumsticks into a large roasting pan add onion, garlic, thyme and all veggies except the frozen mixed veg. Bake for 20 mins stirring at least once then pour in stock and oil (if using ) and continue cooking another 20 mins. Sprinkle in frozen veg and couscous, give the pan a bit of a mix so the couscous come in contact with the liquid which it will absorb scrape all the crispy bits of the sides if you are serving on a platter Cooks tips::: you can add more stock if it seems to dry before adding the couscous or try a splash of white wine, Different herbs such as rosemary or oregano can be used. This can be eaten hot or cold.

toadfish, May 6, 5:35pm
I also do what i call a "Cheats Roast" cook them up with cubed vegetables.... Kumera, Potatoes, parsnips, carrots, pumpkin, pickling onions.... Then serve with chicken gravy and somekind of green vegie ... brocolli, beans, silverbeet or even frozen veg.

tarshlove, May 7, 4:13am
1 tsp. ground star anise
1-1/4 tsp. ground fennel seeds
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper