Corned beef for tea tonight

seaqueen, Jun 15, 4:20am
Have boiled it for about 90 minutes and it looks okay, smells good...I thought I'd just let it sit for half an hour in the water. Sound about right?

jed, Jun 15, 4:28am
Depends on how big it is....We always put in a tbps golden syrup and some pepper corns and onions for flavour.Had ours last night, very yum.

seaqueen, Jun 15, 4:39am
I didn't have any golden syrup so have put in Maple...will report back! Corned beef pretty cheap at the mo at Pak'n Save.

seaqueen, Jun 15, 6:56am
Perfectly fine, it was :-)

nik12, Jun 15, 9:26am
I know it's cooked when I stick a sharp knife in and it sort of just slides off the knife when I lift it up.. hmm, that makes sense to me?!?
I put a sposh of vinegar, carrots, onions (peeled but whole) and a couple table spoons golden syrup in.

kp11, Jun 15, 9:31am
**Dribbling**

fee1965, Jun 15, 10:11am
is awesome in the slow cooker - cooks all day, 1 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp golden syrup and an onion, soooo tender!

seaqueen, Jun 16, 4:20am
Have boiled it for about 90 minutes and it looks okay, smells good.I thought I'd just let it sit for half an hour in the water. Sound about right!

jed, Jun 16, 4:28am
Depends on how big it is.We always put in a tbps golden syrup and some pepper corns and onions for flavour.Had ours last night, very yum.

seaqueen, Jun 16, 4:39am
I didn't have any golden syrup so have put in Maple.will report back! Corned beef pretty cheap at the mo at Pak'n Save.

nik12, Jun 16, 9:26am
I know it's cooked when I stick a sharp knife in and it sort of just slides off the knife when I lift it up. hmm, that makes sense to me!!!
I put a sposh of vinegar, carrots, onions (peeled but whole) and a couple table spoons golden syrup in.

ferrit47, Jun 17, 3:05am
Takes lot longer than that.

muppet65, Jun 17, 3:22am
brown sugar works as well as golden syrup, a few peppercorns, vinegar and onion

gingercrush, Jun 17, 3:24am
Interested. We just use nutmeg and cinnamon.

ferrit47, Jun 17, 3:28am
Yes Vinager Brown Sugar & Pepper & Salt.Some people put Bayleafs in too.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 17, 10:39pm
i have mine in the crockpot now for dinner. i add onion herbs and pineapple juice. delicious!

schnauzer11, Jun 18, 10:36am
I'm a fan of the pressure-cooker for my corned beef.All the good stuff is kept in and not boiled out,though admit a slow-cooker would give a good result.Vinegar,golden syrup,bay leaves.Yum!

schnauzer11, Jun 19, 10:36am
I'm a fan of the pressure-cooker for my corned beef.All the good stuff is kept in and not boiled out,though admit a slow-cooker would give a good result.Vinegar,golden syrup,bay leaves.Yum!