What can I do with leftover corned beef?

kiwi_jen, Jan 22, 3:29am
Apart from slicing it up and serving it cold lol.

angie117, Jan 22, 4:23am
Cold meat fritters. Dice meat up very small or put it in the wizz.Add finely chopped onion. Make a batter add meat and onion and abit of grated cheese. Fry in spoonfuls. Yum.

thelmalouise, Jan 22, 4:27am
Make a white sauce and add either mustard powder or grainy mustard and pour over and reheat.

bams1, Jan 22, 5:05am
x1
make mashed potato , add lots of milk/cream , an egg or 2 , some chopped red onion or spring onions ,garlic if you like, a teaspoon of mustard powder , chopped up left over meat ,salt and pepper , mix all together , place in an oven dish and top with cheese serve with a salad or coleslaw at this time of the year or steamed veg in the winter - yummy.Also good with tinned corned beef, or left over mutton/ beef.

karenz, Jan 22, 5:21am
Slice thinly and put into a baking dish, the long lasagne type ones are the best for this, make a mashed potato and carrot mixture using lots of butter (or olive oil if you prefer), it doesn't have to be smooth, add a little salt and pepper and a generous pinch of mustard to this and spread it over the top of the sliced meat.Grate some cheese over this and bake until the cheese browns nicely.I also sometimes slice up a quarter of a cabbage and partially cook this in the microwave, toss in a little butter then mix it through the potato/carrot mixture.

clomo, Jan 22, 5:26am
On Toast!! Yummmm

motorbo, Jan 22, 5:59am
eaten on a sammy with homemade green tomatoe pickle ohhh yummmmmmmm

rarogal, Jan 22, 7:15am
Put it through the processor with some tomato sauce, makes a great sandwich filler.

kabbo, Jan 22, 7:47am
bubble and squeak.

cheese-mike, Jan 22, 8:49am
I had the same question :)
Any ideas would be great.

gojojo2, Jan 22, 9:20am
Def on a sandwich or reheated for another meal with this divine mustard sauce: Whisk 1 egg and 1/4 cup brown sugar then whisk in 1 Tablespoon of cornflour. Add 1 cup water, 1 1/2 tsp mustard, 1/4 malt vinegar and whisk until blended. Microwave on high until thickened (about 3 mins) stirring every 3 mins. Nom, nom, nom

helpless, Jan 22, 7:25pm
x1
You do what my Mum used to do..Put it through a mincer and make a Shepherds pie..

olwen, Jan 22, 7:29pm
x1
Mine too.We liked it better than the original.Corned beef on the bottom mixed with a little mashed potatoes, more mash on top. Some dabs of butter.Serve with some green veges and plenty of Watties tomato sauce

helpless, Jan 22, 7:36pm
Correct...Ours was always served up with peas as the veg..Beautiful it was..

nauru, Jan 22, 11:24pm
Corned Beef & Onion Pie or Pasty

I mix 2 cups chopped corn beef, 1 chopped cooked onion (save the water from cooking onion) and 2 mashed or chopped cooked potatoes, chopped parsley & thyme (used dried if no fresh) and season with pepper. Mix well and add a little of the onion water to moisten if the mixture is too dry. Use as a filling for pies or pasties.You can even use for toasted sandwiches

iriegirl, Feb 21, 7:16am
Corned beef "Reuben" Sliced corned beef, top with a fat slab of cheese (I use Gruyère), melt cheese by putting under the grill, then get some rye bread, put on a generous amount of coleslaw, top with the warm corn beef and cheese, put a lid on it and enjoy!