Leftover chicken ideas please?

freds69, Jul 15, 2:18am
Hi all. I have alot of chicken left over from a roast we had. Would love any ideas of how to use it up please. TIA

cookessentials, Jul 15, 2:21am
x1
I used to do a lovely dish with left over chicken. It was the cooked chicken, shredded, with rice, bacon, tomatoes, parsley etc... it has been a few years since I made it, cant quite remember what else it had, but you popped it into a baking dish in the oven.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 15, 2:29am
chicken pasta :)

freds69, Jul 15, 2:35am
thanks heaps. .

245sam, Jul 15, 2:50am
freds69, our favourite use for cooked chicken is Chicken and Vegetable Crumble - a very easy and tasty almost meal in one. The recipe can be found at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=11&t=242

Hope that helps. :-))

fisher, Jul 15, 3:18am
All the bones to make stock and the chicken broken up for a magic chicken soup. . Make heaps and freeze for another cold wintery day. .
Three meals from one chook. .

maybank, Jul 15, 3:32am
Shred the chicken, make a mornay sauce, top with mashed potatoes and grill 'till golden brown on top. Will probably do two more meals.

lizab, Jul 15, 3:41am
with my leftover turkey at the weekend, I made 'Butter Turkey'! !

tarshlove, Jul 15, 3:50am
A creamy pasta bake with shredded chicken?

goatchickens, Jul 15, 3:53am
Cold chicken salad, great on sandwich rolls:shred the chicken, add some chopped apples and celery, some walnuts, or sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, and for the dressing - whole seed mustard, tarragon, mayonnaise, and little salt and pepper - just enough to coat the chicken meat and other chopped bits. Good on its own, or in a sandwich (had some for breakfast today! ).

motorbo, Jul 15, 7:14am
farmers bought out a wee cookbook about hmm 10 years ago it had the yummiest recipe using cooked chicken it was called chicken jenny. i had left over chicken earlier this week - not much and no bones, i put chicken stock in the pot with chopped onion, grated carrot and parsnip and 1 old courgette lol, and made soup it was honestly yummy i was suprised

julzienz, Jul 15, 9:31am
x1
I always make chicken and vege pie, with leeks and any vege you want cooked up with a can of chicken soup and topped with some puff pastry. Easy and yum :)

stormbaby, Jul 15, 11:26am
x1
This is our family's favourite casserole, good enough for a main when you have people to dinner.
Cooked leftover chicken, chopped up, some cooked chopped bacon, sliced mushrooms, 1 pct Maggie Mushroom soup, 1 cup cream (I use more) 1 cup milk.
Mix powdered soup with milk and cream. Thicken in the microwave on blasts of 1-2 minutes on high till thick, or in a pot on the stove. Place cooked chicken, bacon and mushrooms in the base of a lidded casserole dish, and pour over the soup/milk/cream mixture. Cover with lid and bake for 45 minutes at 350F 180C. Serve over cooked rice or fettuchini with green beans.

cherie19, Nov 4, 10:14am
x1
Yum, that sounds very nice stormbaby!