Leftover jasmine rice?

kiwifidget, Apr 13, 11:38pm
I overestimated how much rice we would eat last night and have a bowl of it in the fridge. Does anyone have some tasty ways I can turn it into lunch?

seniorbones, Apr 13, 11:41pm
stirfry with veges chopped ham cooked egg and soya sauce?

sapne, Apr 13, 11:48pm
1. Use it in Fried Rice. Fry some chopped onions in oil in a pan/wok. When slightly brown, add meat (Optional). Then add veges, fry for 2 mins then add the rice. When mixed thoroughly, add some soy sauce, salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy.

I also use it in quiches. Use any quiche recipe. Put cooked rice into a greased oven proof dish. The add the rest of the ingredients for quiche. Bake. Children love it!

Of course, there's rice porridge - add twice the amount of water to rice. Throw in some veges, chicken stock cube, slivers of meat and finely chopped ginger. When the veges are cooked and rice is very soft, stir in some chopped herbs (parsley, coriander or spring onions). Season and servei in a bowl.

motorbo, Apr 13, 11:50pm
mix with ae egg some rice flour and some flavour, e.g. green curry paste, shape into patties and fry - eat with dipping sauce and salad

kiwifidget, Apr 14, 12:03am
good ideas, the fried rice sounds like goer as I also have some leftover roast chicken as well. Unfortunately quiche is well beyond my limit of culinary expertise.

beaker59, Apr 14, 8:31am
I often do that its a very nice way to use leftovers. We also add sugar and coconut cream to rice to make a dessert great with some fruit.

sapne, Apr 15, 2:51am
My quiches are simple - beat 3-4 eggs, add some milk, salt & pepper + any herbs. Pour over the rice and top with grated cheese. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes till cheese melts and eggs are cooked. You can add any veges if you like. Give it a go - amaze yourself.

schnauzer11, Apr 16, 1:04pm
Great ideas guys,but-be careful with left-over rice.Refrigerate(covered)immed-
iately after cooking if planning to use in another dish.Cooked rice left at room temp,even when re-cooked,is a swine for a particular bacteria that causes gastic illness.

tinyted, Apr 16, 8:55pm
You can also throw it into soups to thicken up or use with stirfrys.If I am not going to use it up immediately I always freeze and then if I want a quick meal without having to cook rice I just whip it out of the freezer and heat in the microwave, comes out great.

onenana, Apr 16, 11:10pm
This is a great idea particularly if you are using brown rice, which has a much longer cooking time. I cook up more than I need on purpose & freeze the left overs.