Tea/fruit loaf recipe?

uhohwhoopsy, May 30, 11:13pm
Hi all. Does anyone have the recipe that you left overnight with the fruit soaking in hot tea?

245sam, May 30, 11:19pm
This one uhohwhoopsy?

"Cold Tea Loaf ...

2 C flour
4 t baking powder
1 C brown sugar
1 C boiled tea
1 C dried fruit
1 t ginger
1/2 t cinnamon (I'm not a huge fan)

Place fruit in with the cup of boiled tea, leave for a few hours or overnight.
Next day (or later on) mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased loaf tin and cook for approx 1 hr 10 mins @ 160 deg C.
This not only freezes well but is STILL moist up to 5 days later (and oh so cheap to make!)
darlingmole (162 )2:01 pm, Mon 14 Feb #6 ':-))

uhohwhoopsy, May 30, 11:23pm
I don't remember it having the ginger or cinnamon but thank you I'll give it a whirl!

245sam, May 30, 11:29pm
uhohwhoopsy, I haven't used the recipe at #2 but if you don't like/want to use the spices then IMO omit them - I think that the recipe is one that could easily be varied by the spices that are used/not used and the tea type/flavour that is used, and also the fruit that is used

Hope that helps.:-))

uhohwhoopsy, May 31, 12:59am
Definitely does.Will tackle this one tonight.I work from home so the kiddies and I are off to bake!Thank you again, really appreciate it!

uhohwhoopsy, May 31, 11:13pm
Hi all. Does anyone have the recipe that you left overnight with the fruit soaking in hot tea!

245sam, May 31, 11:19pm
This one uhohwhoopsy!

"Cold Tea Loaf .

2 C flour
4 t baking powder
1 C brown sugar
1 C boiled tea
1 C dried fruit
1 t ginger
1/2 t cinnamon (I'm not a huge fan)

Place fruit in with the cup of boiled tea, leave for a few hours or overnight.
Next day (or later on) mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased loaf tin and cook for approx 1 hr 10 mins @ 160 deg C.
This not only freezes well but is STILL moist up to 5 days later (and oh so cheap to make!)
darlingmole (162 )2:01 pm, Mon 14 Feb #6 ":-))

uhohwhoopsy, May 31, 11:23pm
I don't remember it having the ginger or cinnamon but thank you I'll give it a whirl!

245sam, May 31, 11:29pm
uhohwhoopsy, I haven't used the recipe at #2 but if you don't like/want to use the spices then IMO omit them - I think that the recipe is one that could easily be varied by the spices that are used/not used and the tea type/flavour that is used, and also the fruit that is used.

Hope that helps.:-))