Is anyone making bread in their slow cooker?

Page 11 / 11
onekiwigirl, Mar 13, 10:39pm
Yes, I use 3 level teaspoons to the six cups flour. landylass your Bread looks good.

modulemoe, Mar 14, 12:11am
MINES IN!

Ooer I can't wait, the anticipation.

This is my first time ever making bread too.

landylass, Mar 14, 6:49am
Quite happy with it thanks.I cooked it for 2 hours.Think next time I will shorten to 1 3/4.Just a little dry.Edit to say I put 1 cup of mixed grains in it including oats.Wonder if the oats dried it out.

crystalmoon, Mar 15, 1:29am
Added, abit of ,poppy seed,pumkin seed,rolled oats and linseed,will add more next time.very nice eaten on the day,but dosnt stay fresh long,so either eat the same day or freeze.Good luck anyone going to try it,its a great recipe.

onekiwigirl, Mar 15, 2:10am
Crystalmoon your bread looks great. I'm impressed. great to see photos of your bread. I love being nosey and looking at other peoples baking.

Here are some other ingredients/seeds that you can add into the dry ingredients.

Graduals or ground Lecithin instead of the oil or as well as which is good for lowering cholesterol and you can't taste it but you know that you have taken some which is good for you.

As for Linseed or flaxseed these should be ground because I am told the whole seeds just passes through the body without the body absorbing any of the goodness.

Chia seeds are also very good for us and a couple of Tbsp are also great in the bread.These are little black seeds.

Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wah) seeds are also very good for us and readily available.I just add another 2 large Tbsp fulls into the bread mixture.

Whole buck wheat, kibbled wheat can also be added.

In total I would be adding about another cup full of various seeds to the mixture without it affecting the texture and consistency of the bread dough.

onekiwigirl, Mar 15, 5:17am
Kate_and_jase it looks great. well done.

Not so well done for me though, as I have just had a disaster today.I thought I had turned the slowcooker on high but instead it was on warm so the bread raised beautifully then collapsed onto itself and was raw/uncooked when I went to take it out of the cooker after 2 hours. I have had to throw it out, what a disaster!Currently making another!

Cheers.

supercook, Mar 15, 5:41am
Everyone's bread looks great. Haven't tried to make a loaf yet. I finish my job on Friday so the bread making is on top of the list to bake. Has anyone got any idea how much it is to bake a loaf!

norton, Mar 16, 7:37am
Yum Yum Yum first loaf out and second one in! Kids love it! Nice easy recipe will definitely be a favourite in my slow cooker

popit_nz, Mar 19, 8:22pm
OMG. got my first loaf cooking in the crock at the moment and it smells sooooo good I just want to lift the lid and sniff like there is no tomorrow. got 1 hour to go. cant wait.

So far it is looking good.

popit_nz, Mar 20, 4:05am
mine came out good. took it to mums for lunch. none left now :(

good excuse to make more.