Going to try to cut down on the food bill

Page 3 / 3
aof11w, Jan 20, 2:52am

uli, Jan 20, 4:57am
I can see that you are humbling yourself here ellie - how old are you?

elliehen, Jan 20, 7:14am
It's obvious...old enough to recognise grumpy old ladies wittering on about the good old days and young enough to appreciate the refreshing new ideas of the young :)

uli, Jan 20, 8:40am
Which says nothing again ....
But we are used to your just writing something with absolutely no contents - keep it up then ...

kuaka, Jan 20, 9:00am
check out the thread I started about the Mainland tasty cheese!

lyndyhopper, Jan 20, 10:29am
stupidmarket.I like that.ANd I like all the helpful comments.

elliehen, Jan 20, 10:32am
Who is "we"?For which group of people are you the spokesperson?

Or rather, which group of people has invited you to speak on their behalf?I'd be interested...

elliehen, Jan 20, 10:36am
Just checked mine and it's Valumetric - quite tasty too.

I've noticed the more mature tasty cheese (in the inexpensive range you're talking about) often has white 'salts' around the edges from the ageing process and that appears to be a good sign.

kuaka, Jan 21, 7:32am
True elliehen, and the Mainland tasty I'm referring to is very yellow and rubbery, not at all salty or crumbly as I would normally expect tasty cheese to be.Bought another 1kg block today (haven't received my voucher yet, but I can't bear to be without some tasty cheese in the fridge) and I was going to pay particular attention to the batch number, but it's a different batch and is in new packaging (I expect we have to pay extra for that too!)

motorbo, Jan 21, 9:05am
ha ha i so gotta ask how old Uli and Buzzy are???????? anyone know

elliehen, Jan 21, 9:13am
They're twins, so must be the same age...I'd say 60 plus GST??

vintagekitty, Jan 21, 9:26am
lolololol- twins!, the "royal" we gives it away. I pick late 60's early 70's.

toeblister, Jan 21, 7:09pm
Does milk powder have any nutritional value as I presume real milk does?I always seem to run out of milk so for a saving plus convenience I would like to try powdered milk. Thanks in advance.

lilyfield, Jan 21, 8:10pm
It has exactly the same value. Or more going buy the growth rate of my babies that grew up on it.

elliehen, Jan 21, 10:49pm
Exactly....and it doesn't sit around in plastic bottles getting that odd odour that milk in plastic always has.

Mix in glass, cover it well, and always leave to reconstitute for about half an hour if you want to get the best taste (although you can use it straight away if you wish).

crails, Feb 18, 5:56pm
I miss milk in bottles, it just doesn't taste the same in a plastic container or carton