Easiest cake in the world recipe please!

Page 3 / 3
brummoi, Jan 23, 1:05am
yeah, that will be a problem for me too - I think I'm genetically predisposed to treat all recipes as a guide only no matter what the warning!

yelraehsat, Jan 23, 6:23am
This is a real easy loaf recipe.
Easy 5 Cup Loaf
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
1 cup sultanas
1 cup milk
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Pour into tin.
Bake in 180' oven40-45 minutes
Enjoy!

brummoi, Jan 26, 6:56am
sounds awesome - what sort of coconut is that - dessicated! (sorry if a dumb question)

elliehen, Jan 26, 7:17am
Yes, desiccated.No question is 'dumb' if the answer is important to the person asking it :)

mackenzie2, Jan 26, 6:13pm
And another one for next time.
1.1/3 cups white flour, 1 tsp baking pwdr, 1.5 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 4 eggs and 250gm margarine or butter (makes no difference to taste or consitency) Put all into a beater or wizz, and beat until pale in colour and fluffy, then into a paper lined tin and bake for 35-40 mins @ 180. Cooked when it springs back.

If I am feeling generous I put frozen mixed berrys and white chocolate in the centre of this, or sometimes just jam, so put half mixture in then the berrys/jam and put other half of mix on top.
Happy cooking.

brummoi, Jan 27, 8:23am
sounds like heaven especially with the frozen berries. Do you thaw them first! (Another stupid question!)

seniorbones, Jan 27, 8:45am
The only silly/dum/stupic question is the one not asked! sounds like your having fun. i wouldnt let my hubby in the kitchen baking couldnt stand cleaning up the mess! but all these recipes make me wish I was home tomorrow to bake :-0(

brummoi, Jan 27, 9:46am
you should cut him some slack as long as he also cleans up (my job anyway so I have a vested interest in keeping the mess under control!)

mackenzie2, Jan 31, 10:49pm
Opps sorry hadn't checked here for questions, no don't thaw frozen berries for this one, fresh berries are also great

uli, Feb 1, 7:33am
bump for "sad males" recipes :)

uli, Jan 31, 5:04am
bump for MORE "sad males" recipes :)

karenz, Jan 31, 5:58am
I made this at Christmastime, everyone loved it and there is still some in the fridge which is perfectly fine (keeping it to see how long it keeps)
1 kilo mixed dried fruit (I went to the bulkbins and bought dried pineapple, papaya, sultanas, cranberries and flaked almonds) but you can use the premixed type
2 cups of juice or black coffee or tea (I used pineapple Juice)
2 cups self raising flour
half teaspoon of spice (I used cinnamon)
Soak the fruit in the liquid overnight
sift the flour, and add along with the spice (you can leave this out)
grease and line a cake tin and cook at 180 degrees for around an hour and a half, check it after an hour or so in case your oven is not too accurate.

clevercloggs, Jan 31, 6:08am
Cream cake:
Break two eggs into a cup and fill with cream.
Add a cup of self raising flour and sugar ( I think 1/2 cup). Mix together and bake in mod oven. You can add cocoa if you want chocolate or cherries if you want a cherrie cream cake.It can be baked in a cake form or cupcakes.

hestia, Mar 24, 5:59am
Thanks for the recipe. A touch of vanilla is good in this as well.

figjamto, Mar 24, 8:21am
Yes sorry to say Brummoi, baking is a bit of a science and you have to get the measurements/oven temp/timeing right to get the best results even. Jamie Oliver has to admit that.good on you for giving it a go. and giving us a bit of a giggle