Kumara and corn chowder recipe

nutwrencher, Aug 3, 12:20am
Have had a look threw here for a recipe but cant seem to find one...
Has anyone got a nice one to make that they have themselfs..

Got heaps of kumara..potateos..onions...gar-
lic..etc..oh and corn..

Thanks in advance :)

245sam, Aug 3, 1:22am
nutwrencher, we enjoy the chowder made using the following recipe.I haven't tried using kumara instead of the potato but maybe you'd like to try that?

Alison Holst's CORN CHOWDER
1 carrot
1 potato
1 onion or leek
1 cup water
2 tsp instant bacon stock
50g butter
3 tbsp flour
1 x 450g can whole kernel corn
1 cup milk

Scrub then cube the carrot and potato. Cook the potato and carrot with the chopped onion or sliced leek in the water for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Stir in the bacon stock.
In another pot melt the butter, add the flour and make a sauce using the corn liquid made up to 2 cups with milk.
Stir the sauce into the cooked vegetables. Mash or puree if desired, then add the corn.
Serve with toast or crisp bread rolls as a complete meal. Top with grated cheese if desired.
Serves 3-4. :-))

cgvl, Aug 3, 2:52am
have a look in diabetic baking, think there's a kumara chowder recipe in there that has corn in it.

nutwrencher, Aug 3, 5:34am
Thanks cgvl..
I found the recipe and also had a look at most of the other recipes on that thread...Some looked really good...

Thanks 245sam...

I ended up making it just sort of threw everything in it and it taste not to bad and also made some home made bread..My hubbie and son love home made bread i do to but it gives me abit of a gut ache so i dont do bread much these days :)