Easiest cake in the world recipe please!

Page 2 / 3
brummoi, Jan 26, 6:56am
sounds awesome - what sort of coconut is that - dessicated? (sorry if a dumb question)

elliehen, Jan 26, 7:17am
Yes, desiccated.No question is 'dumb' if the answer is important to the person asking it :)

brummoi, Jan 26, 9:45am
*blows kiss

mackenzie2, Jan 26, 6:13pm
And another one for next time....
1.1/3 cups white flour, 1 tsp baking pwdr, 1.5 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 4 eggs and 250gm margarine or butter (makes no difference to taste or consitency) Put all into a beater or wizz, and beat until pale in colour and fluffy, then into a paper lined tin and bake for 35-40 mins @ 180. Cooked when it springs back.

If I am feeling generous I put frozen mixed berrys and white chocolate in the centre of this, or sometimes just jam, so put half mixture in then the berrys/jam and put other half of mix on top.
Happy cooking..

brummoi, Jan 27, 8:23am
sounds like heaven especially with the frozen berries. Do you thaw them first? (Another stupid question!)

seniorbones, Jan 27, 8:45am
The only silly/dum/stupic question is the one not asked! sounds like your having fun. i wouldnt let my hubby in the kitchen baking couldnt stand cleaning up the mess!! but all these recipes make me wish I was home tomorrow to bake :-0(

brummoi, Jan 27, 9:46am
you should cut him some slack as long as he also cleans up (my job anyway so I have a vested interest in keeping the mess under control!)

winnie15, Jan 27, 9:48pm
i made this yesterday and it was so quick and easy and VERY YUMMY!

mackenzie2, Jan 31, 10:49pm
Opps sorry hadn't checked here for questions, no don't thaw frozen berries for this one, fresh berries are also great

brummoi, Jan 16, 12:53am
Sad male here. It's my turn to bring a cake into work tomorrow. My partner usually directs things with military precision but she's away. I'm looking for something that I just mix and chuck in the oven and that never fails. I have a couple of bananas (not soft really), carrots, ground ginger so was thinking something along those lines but all suggestions gratefully received! Only one egg in the cupboard.

jessie981, Jan 16, 1:03am
Got any cocoa! got an easy recipe for Choc cake & Choc slice.

brummoi, Jan 16, 1:26am
how long roughly should this take please!

brummoi, Jan 16, 1:27am
did it work out!

brummoi, Jan 16, 1:35am
cool! I'll give it a go and report back

buzzy110, Jan 16, 1:57am
And remember than long and low (temp that is) makes a better cake than fast and high (temp once again). It comes out even, instead of unsightly risings in places you don't want.

brummoi, Jan 16, 2:35am
Yikes! Nowhere near mixing to a batter - more like a gluggy mass that stopped the beater blades from turning! Have checked quantities and all correct. I've also added a splash of oil and milk just to loosen it up a bit and am mixing it with a wooden spoon. Do you think it will still be OK!

Edit: how loose should the mixture be - like pancake batter! This would mean adding a fair bit more liquid.

brummoi, Jan 16, 3:13am
Well, it's in the oven and looking strangely white and starting to bubble like one of the thicker mud pools in Rotorua!

mazzy1, Jan 16, 3:28am
Next time - give this a go, courtesy of evorotorua. Even I managed not to stuff it up! You can leave the chocolate part out and substitute blueberries or whatever you have.

*Banana Chocolate Yogurt Cake
2 cups sugar, 200g butter or marg, 3 cups self raising flour, 2 eggs, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence, 2 mashed bananas, ½ cup cocoa, ¼ tsp salt. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Turn mixture in to medium roasting dish and bake at 180C for an hour. That’s it. Note, I pour the boiling water over the butter/marg to melt it. You don’t have to use plain yogurt. I have used fruit flavoured and it is lovely. I have also left out the cocoa altogether and not replaced it with anything. Bananas can be replaced with other soft fruit. So there you go. Very versatile. It will work fine in two smaller cake tins or even as muffins.* In my oven it took an hour and 10 minutes.*

Good luck with yours though.

brummoi, Jan 16, 3:51am
The cake has left the oven! It's very pointy but otherwise looking good and smelling even better so thanks to t.gypsy and everyone else!

One last question - a few bits of the paper used to line the tin have stuck to the cake. Is there an easy way to get them off without gouging holes in the cake!

brummoi, Jan 16, 3:53am
Thanks for the suggestion, mazzy - I could get into this baking malarkey!

t.gypsy, Jan 16, 4:20am
that i am still to figure out lol i had similar problem and thank goodness it turned out have you tasted it.

elliehen, Jan 16, 4:34am
Don't worry if your cake is a bit pointy - your workmates will know it's not a store-bought one and appreciate it more for the 'malarkey' you got up to ;)

brummoi, Jan 16, 4:35am
haven't tasted it yet - that happens tomorrow. As far as the paper being stuck, a closer look makes me think I was too skimpy with the paper and the mix got under it so it's now part of the cake! No worries though and thanks again

buzzy110, Jan 16, 6:05am
Your tyro efforts in the kitchen have made me smile today. Thank you for the smile and I'm sure, if gypsy says the recipe works, then it will taste good, whatever it looks like. Who knows! Even the paper may taste OK.

brummoi, Jan 23, 12:07am
Ha! The cake was a success and colleagues kindly agreed to nibble around the few bits of paper. I'm feeling even prouder today as I've also just done the Edmonds banana cake all by myself!