So very nervous about making a pav!

Page 2 / 3
sleyle, Dec 24, 7:53am
Oh shite, I have just made the above recipe and realised I only cooked mine for 1 hour.It is now cold so what do I do?Can I put the oven back on or will it be ruined?

akd100, Dec 24, 8:10am
I just tried a new recipe, normally just use the edmonds one, but this one looks great!

tats63, Dec 25, 9:24am
My pav was AMAZING.... it was huge, crispy on the outside and soft n marshmallowy on the inside.My hubby said it was the nicest pav he's ever had and he was the one telling me to 'just buy one'!!I was so proud I took photos of it lol!!!Thanks everyone for all the tips n recipes.

joey2221, Dec 26, 3:52am
Made a pav last night eggs sugar vinegar and vanillia essence added sugr slowely looked lovely left it in the oven all night opened oven this morning was all gooey felt uncooked never again

sand-sea-surf, Dec 26, 4:23am
Gardie that is a fantastic recipe you gave us.I used it for christmas day and I got rave reviews.It was high, hard on the outside and so moist in the middle, it was fantastic, thanks

juliewn, Dec 26, 1:00pm
Hi.. how did you get on.. it probably would have still tasted delicious..

la-shiss, Dec 27, 9:04pm
I have had two failed edmonds recipe pavs and am going to try another recipe, have got a food processor which attachment should I use, the mixer attachment, the plastic blade or the metal blade? thanks

gilligee, Dec 27, 9:25pm
You need to beat the egg whites not use a food processer.

fruitluva2, Dec 27, 9:35pm
Funny how I can make beautiful monstrous pavlova logs in a food processor but not the traditional pavs.

fudge2, Dec 31, 1:58am
Gardie,.. made your pav and its a keeper LOL! yum yum yum! stayed high and marshmallow filled the inside. Very nice indeed!

cookessentials, Dec 31, 2:07am
I use a geat recipe which has six egg whites in it ( I am sure I have posted it here before) I make it in a springform tin.

Remember folks, in this humid weather, it may affect your pav.

gardie, Dec 31, 2:19am
Yay - my Mum would have been smiling.I made a couple the Wed before Christmas and we are having the 2nd one tonight - I stored it in a plastic bag, tied up tight.Can't wait.We only have them at Christmas time or when we have overseas guests - they love them.

gardie, Dec 31, 2:20am
An hooray for you too.Just getting around to check back in to MB's.I'm so glad you had success.

pickles7, Dec 31, 8:36am
I made the six egg white icing sugar pav, for Christmas, but had one given to me. I put mine in a cardboard box, and kept it in a cool place, rather than freeze it. Well it is in perfect condition, not weeping at all, crisp and marshmallow all the way still. It is actually 10 days old now. Something to remember for next year.

buckyboy, Dec 31, 8:50am
I went to a party ages ago and there was this fabulous, I mean fab-u-lous looking and tasting pav. I asked the hostess what her secret was. She said , make two, (hers always flatened out) hence the 'make two....' put cream on them both, but sit the two on top of each other,then cream around the sides, and decorate. You have a simply fab-u-lous double decker pav that is filled with cream !!!don't bother to add up the calories!! (mrs)

flower-child01, Jan 1, 7:34pm
brama-sole.co.nz/recipes/pavlo-
va has a trusted and true, no fail pav, with beating length instructions etc. Def a goer. I have not once yet had a flunk, in all of the twenty years I have had this recipe.

bleetbleet, Jan 1, 7:53pm
the trick is to slowly add sugar while beating

uli, Jan 2, 1:02am
bump for another year of pav making

cookessentials, Jan 2, 1:39am
someone is seriously bored.

uli, Jan 2, 4:52am
Who might that be!

tats63, Dec 24, 5:45pm
Hubby says 'just buy one' but I'm determined to conker it this year!Last years one had good flavour but was very flat and had goo oozing out from underneath. Any helpful tips!

gardie, Dec 24, 6:03pm
Beat the heck out of it, pile it high - don't spread it out too much.Cook at 130 degrees for 1.5 hours then turn oven off and don't open the door till its cold.If you want it softer, cook for 1 hour - I prefer the crunchy outside and softish inside.

chasing, Dec 24, 6:23pm
I have had the same problem.I did the one with the icing sugar that everyone raved about.But it was no good! I am back on the computer looking for another recipe.Mine looked sooooo good during cooking but after I turned off the over and left it over night it just collapsed.
Good Luck with your Pav making.

alimick, Dec 24, 6:29pm
I went out to a dinner party nearly 2 yrs ago and a lady brought along the nicest pav I have ever had so she gave me the recipe.Been meaning to try it ever since but have only bought them.Like OP, I was determined to do it this year.I did but I am not hopeful about it as it too looks very flat and like the soft inner might be a bit gooey, but hey, the proof of the pudding is in the eating so here's hoping.

alimick, Dec 24, 6:38pm
I hear people saying there should be no gritty feel to the mixture but I beat mine for ages and ages and ages and still there was grit.I gave up.Next time I'm going to use castor sugar.