How do you decorate your pav?

carobobo, Dec 20, 5:55am
Am after some new ideas, am a bit over strawberries or kiwifruit.
The pavs seem to be more expensive in the supermarkets this year but I am sooo looking forward to it.

pickles7, Dec 20, 5:58am
pavlova....large

Beat until thick and smooth ......approx 15 mins
6 egg whites,
3 Cups Icing Sugar,
2 teaspoons Cornflour,
2 teaspoons White Vinegar,
add 2 Tablespoons Boiling water............,
Pile onto a baking Paper lined oven tray
Cook for 5 minutes at 200 degrees C, then turn down and cook a further
1 1/2 hours at 100 degrees C.
(Leave in oven to cool)

pile on whipped cream to serve, sprinkle of chocolate curls, or fruit of your choice.

carobobo, Dec 20, 6:01am
Yum!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks pickles.How does the supermarket justify the $15 price tag?Must be all that beating lol.

chrisynz, Dec 20, 6:09am
decorate ours with crushed flakes, and blue berries

ibcreative, Dec 20, 6:21am
Home made are so much nicer than bought ones too. The bought ones are too soft and marshmallowy to me. I like the nice crispness of the homemade.

Grated chocolate or chocolate chips are nice if you don't want fruit.

cookessentials, Dec 20, 7:37am
Passionfruit pulp.

cap, Dec 20, 7:40am
A crushed up Crunchie bar is nice but do it just before serving.I make the recipe on the Chelsea Sugar site and have never had a failure *touch wood*.

pickles7, Dec 20, 7:45am
It is ok to buy, but if you have a mixer and 30 minutes to spare, you can't go wrong.
I think the bought ones are cut down in size this year as well. I hope you can find the time to make yours. enjoy.

nickyd, Dec 20, 7:50am
Have a look at TV3 on demand (Campbell Live -Mon 13 Dec) -they had a Pav competition last week - at about 14mins 37 secs through it there is a great looking Pav, with fruit (melon, kiwifruit etc) cut with a star cutter- looks great!

gaspodetwd, Dec 20, 8:20am
Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, apricots and drizzles white and milk chocolate over the top. Heaven.

a_n_h, Dec 20, 10:19pm
whipped cream and mix of berries. might add some choccy curls this year.

suzyf, Dec 21, 12:27am
This is the first pav I made for fathers day this year,really pleased with so will make another foe xmas dinner.http://images.trademe.c-
o.nz/photoserver/20/154576820_-
full.jpg

suzyf, Dec 21, 12:36am
couldn't get the link to work so photo on my profile,sorry.

kulkkulbelle, Dec 21, 12:41am
One I like is to fold in a lemon curdinto whipped cream, then to cover in fresh raspberries...

You can also put the lemon curd under the cream....

patchie1, Dec 21, 12:59am
My mum used to use the eggs yolks to make an orange topping that also had cream in it, which was always very popular and yummy

gardie, Dec 21, 1:24am
I use my yolks to make lemon honey andthen spread this over the pav then top with cream.The sweet and tartiness is sooo nice.

alebix, Dec 21, 2:02am
I decorate it with fresh cream and what ever elseI feel like, sprinkles, marshmallows, fruit chocoalte etc...

I made a recipe last night but it was from the NZ herald.. came out pretty good, but in this damn weather it has oozed the minute i took it out of the fridge.

geldof, Dec 21, 2:50am
Pomegranate (sp)sharpness and crunch yum

Sometimes a splash of rose water in the whipped cream topped with berries and rose petals.

seniorbones, Nov 26, 5:51pm
This year I'm going to try making it like the cuisine mag cover, like a wreath covered in different berries and a sprig of mint at the front so it looked like a green ribbon...it will be for boxing day so will take a photo and try to remember to post if it turns out ok...if you dont hear from me you will know it was a failure!!