Dessert wanted ...called *fluff*

Page 2 / 2
juliewn, Dec 23, 10:24am
ps.. make sure the can of evaporated milk is very well chilled so it whips well with the jelly.. it makes quite a lot too.

yodagirl, Dec 23, 10:32am
thanks alot.how far in advance would you make it??? night before, or the day yu waqnt to eat?

gerry64, Dec 23, 11:49am
Buzzy banana in jelly - that is a last from the past my Nana used to make that all the time

gardie, Dec 23, 6:06pm
In our house, it was foam pudding - my grandfathers favourite.

alimick, Dec 23, 6:22pm
Ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!I looked at the title, read the request and the first response, thinking, yeah that's what I would have said too. Then the third person mentioned my name and I realised I DID say it!!Lol.Man that is nearly a year ago.

alimick, Dec 23, 6:25pm
I went to use a lemon jelly the other day to make a cheesecake.Opened it, thought it looked a bit funny.Checked use-by date.It was july 2005!!Hmmmm.Why did I even bring it with me when we moved house 2 1/2 yrs ago?? Lol. The rest were much better - 2007!They all went out, needless to say, and I went to the shops AGAIN!!

rubyjane11, Dec 23, 7:09pm
that is the recipe!!

cheese-mike, Dec 23, 10:04pm
Mums Fluff;

1 can evaporated milk, chilled well
1 jelly mixed with 1 cup of water - cooled

Beat milk til thickish
add jelly gradually
Cool in fridge til set

uli, Dec 23, 11:30pm
Haha @ "I loathed it" ...

gardie, Dec 24, 1:32am
I've always just put the cooled jelly with the bowl, thrown over the icy cold evaporated milk and then beat it in the Kenwood.It turns out well, no need to add gradually.

alimick, Jan 8, 9:13pm
I think you'd be wanting a jelly made with 1/2 the normal water. Once it has got to the egg white consistencey, you beat it till thick and frothy, then poor in the chilled evaporated milk and beat together. Chill till set.
Now I am only going by memory of how mum used to make it. Someone else may have more details.

rainrain1, Jan 8, 10:08pm
Swiss Cream or Jelly Fluff.Edmonds Book
1 pkt jelly crystals
1 tin unsweetened condened milk
1 cup boiling water
Dissolve jelly in boiling water and leave till cool.Beat milk til thick and combine the two.beat again and set in wet mould.

slaintewesties, Jan 8, 10:19pm
My Mother called this Elephant's Breath when we were little! Yays I'm so glad someone's asked this as I've wanted to make it lately and my mum has passed so couldn't ask her.

sugarandspicey, Jan 9, 1:45am
Is this recipe similar to the one I used to LOVE called Spanish Cream if it is then I am off back down to the supermarket AGAin to get the jelly mix and the E milk.!

rainrain1, Jan 9, 1:52am
No it's not Spanish Cream.it is quite different

rainrain1, Jan 9, 1:53am
BTW.you must chill the milk for a few hours first as another post has already said

sugarandspicey, Jan 9, 1:59am
Oh shucks NOOOOOOOOO! but this sounds nice so I am going to try it anyway.

buzzy110, Jan 9, 2:12am
You are all so lucky. My mother was naff at making jelly, even from a packet. The only time we ever got it was once a year, just after Christmas and she always added sliced banana. I don't think jelly of any description was filling enough for my father who had hollow legs.

snowboard123, Jan 9, 3:06am
Oh fluffy pudding, haven't had it for years.

indy95, Jan 9, 5:22am
Somebody asked about Spanish Cream so, since I already have the old recipe books out here it is. Sorry davidt4, you'll just have to ignore this one.

Spanish Cream

1 T gelatine
600ml milk
2 eggs, separated
50g sugar
Vanilla

Soften the gelatine in a little of the milk, add the rest of the milk and stir over a low heat until the gelatine is dissolved. Add sugar and lightly beaten egg yolks, stir constantly over low heat until the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of the spoon. Cool by standing pan in cold water, then fold in egg whites which have been beaten to the soft peak stage and a few drops of vanilla extract. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until set. It will separate into a frothy top layer, then a custard-like layer and a fairly clear jelly on the bottom.

bams1, Jan 9, 6:15am
My kids love this pud too - last year when the oldest came home from overseas - that was on his wish list of home cooking ! I put the tin of e -milk in the freezerfor a few hours so its gets really cold .

rainrain1, Jan 9, 6:24am
My hubby loves the spanish cream the plonker!

griffo4, Jan 10, 11:45pm
lt was always called Grannies Fluff and l'm so pleased someone has posted it thanks and will now have to try Spanish Cream as well

hesian, Jan 24, 10:56am
Have come across one like this but needs a beaten egg white which is folded into the beaten evap milk.Maybe then you make up the full jelly quantity rather than half.Anyone know for sure!