Toadies brown rice salad

Page 3 / 3
sarahw2, Feb 25, 7:47am
Sounds YUMMY!! Is it just as good without the raisins? I dont like raisins in salads....

elliehen, Feb 25, 8:05am
More..... and more-ish ;)

toadfish, Feb 25, 9:05am
DIVINE GREEN DIP.
1 Cobb Loaf, 1 onion, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese, 250g cream cheese, 1/4 tsp basil, 4 silverbeet leaves (cooked & well-drained). Cut the top off & hollow out the Cobb loaf, keeping the bread to cut into small serving-sized pieces for dipping. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a food processor & then pour the mixture into the Cobb shell & place the lid on i.e. the piece cut from the top of the loaf. Bake at 150°C for 1/2 hour. Serve warm. Note: From Julia– “This is absolutely divine but the bread is not enough on its own for dipping, so I always serve other things e.g. Snax crackers, finely sliced French bread .I have also done in it in small rolls for individual dips & my Aunt has served it up as a Vegetarian meal, 1 dinner roll with filling and lots of chopped up vegetables for each person.”

Yup thats my one reposted... complete my note about my Aunt lol.... just devine.

elliehen, Feb 25, 9:11am
You're getting a reputation for being Most Reposted, toadie ;)

toadfish, Feb 25, 9:38am
I must admit its a little like chinese whispers though.. someone doesn't like sultanas so leaves them out and then when someone asks they repost there version. It was only recently when I looked i thought... mmm.... no sultanas.... and mmmmm I have never added a pinch of salt to the dressing, not with all that soya sauce.... but it really is my favourite salad... ammaking enough for 120 for a wedding next week as my present to the bride lol....

uli, Dec 21, 11:02pm
bump for another year - one can never have too much rice salad :)

elliehen, Dec 22, 12:39am
Highly recommended by uli!

uli, Dec 22, 12:46am
Yep - every time I make it everyone else eats it LOL :)
Although my recipe differs slightly - I reckon toadies is a good one :)

toadfish, Dec 24, 7:22am
For a rule of thumb - I say 1 amount of the recipe will feed 10 people when served with other salads. So double will be plenty. and its lovely the next day as well.