Rice Salad....

larms1, Nov 12, 7:20am
Please can anyone give me a recipe for rice salad. Cant find any in my books and have to make some for tomorrow night. I once went to a bbq and had one with sultanas or raisins and chopped nuts.....please any ideas. TIA

charlieb2, Nov 12, 7:23am
This one has been doing the MB rounds for a few years, and is always highly recommended.. It yum

Toadys Brown Rice Salad:
1 cup brown rice, 1 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup soya sauce (light if available), 1/2 onion finely chopped
Cook the rice in the water and when still hot add the soya sauce and finely chopped onions. Let cool for a couple of hours ~ preferably overnight.
Add the following ~ 1 red pepper chopped, 1/2 cup roasted peanuts chopped, 1/2 cup each of roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
You can also add diced tomato, mushrooms, raisins, sesame seeds.

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, 1 clove garlic crushed, 1 tsp fresh ginger, 1 tsp honey, pinch of salt.
Mix and pour over salad.

charlieb2, Nov 12, 7:24am
meant to say, if you use the search option on the left of your screen and type in rice salad and Anytime in "date posted" you'll find quite a few recipes.

winnie231, Nov 12, 7:43am
Great minds think alike charlieb!!!
Toady's rice salad is soooo good!

enzu, Nov 12, 7:44am
actually made it today, made it heaps last summer, it is sooo good

larms1, Nov 12, 7:53am
Many thanks. Sounds great

wadboy, Nov 12, 8:00am
Agree this is yum. When in a hurry I buy 2 packs of 90 second brown rice and microwave as per dierections. Makes a lovely flavoured rice extra quick!

timetable, Jul 30, 11:53am
nigella's wild rice salad is just awesome!boil 2 cups of wild rice till just at that bite stage, rinse and cool. then add salted peanuts, dried crasins, sliced spring onion, sliced capsican and sliced celery.then add finaly chopped chives and parsley and toss through.use your fav oil based dressing and mix well - lovely and light and not too fattening lol...make it each year at christmas and it goes real fast lol...