Low carb / no carb people

Page 470 / 472
bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 8:40pm
Thanks Friends (!).
I haven't been taking potassium but I have just had one. :-)
I'm also looking reactive hypoglycaemia - or a mild version of it. Will have to listen to Dr Berkowitz's interview again.

accroul, Jan 28, 8:58pm
I didn't think she was that sort of person.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 9:00pm
You lot are cheeky this morning! I'll have to get chooky to sort you out!

kirinesha, Jan 28, 9:05pm
Ok, I promise to be good! Anything but a chook attack!

accroul, Jan 28, 9:06pm
Idle threats.

maxwell.inc, Jan 28, 9:14pm
up your complex carbs for a little while. and yes I am serious. you have gone to far for YOUR body chemistry at THIS point in Time. have been studying lots while I've been MIA from the boards.You've even cut out your berries from a past post, listen to your body, it wants something, needs something, work out what it is. from my readings. for most. thats complex carbs . too low for too long can cause issues.

Epigenetics is my latest binge. We change our cells, genes, DNA by what we do to our selves. its not reversible.

uli, Jan 28, 9:18pm
From another low-carb thread:
Things that spring to my mind are
- Are you drinking enough water
- or maybe your blood pressure is a bit low.
- Are you having caffeine withdrawals (Stopped ordinary coffee, chocolate or coke)
- Are you sleeping Ok
- If you start to feel light headed etc. grab yourself some potassium tablets

So pretty much the same advice as above.

uli, Jan 28, 9:24pm
Yes maxwell - it IS reversible - also with epigenetics :)

I think what you mean to say is that you can permanently change your cells AND that this change will be carried on in succeeding generations of cells - and so also to your kids.

Read The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton and you'll see how you can reprogram cells by thought alone - pretty much what Brandon Bays says since 10 years (or longer) and what the whole "Journey" stuff is based on.

So you can "undo" the harm as well as do it LOL - you just need a good system that works. Positive thoughts alone will NOT do it unfortunately.

http://www.brucelipton.com/

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 9:27pm
Righto - that's nice to get some "serious" advice Kirinesha (winks)!

Thanks all of you. I'm off to have a bowl of berries and cream.
Blood pressure is okay thankfully.

I've been meaning to look at epigenetics. Uli and Maxwell - can you recommend a good place to start!
Thanks.

kirinesha, Jan 28, 9:32pm
Ok, I'm NOT a serious person, you should know that by now Dazz!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 9:36pm
And we love you for it too!~

uli, Jan 28, 9:36pm
The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton is a good start for lay people. Still a hard read (take it in bits) but all the facts are there with sources (which for me is essential - I hate hearsay which I cannot trace).

kayceaz, Jan 28, 11:09pm
The essence of many low carb diets anjie_kitty is that you train your body to burn fat (yours and what you consume) as your energy sources.That's why when we low-carb we often have a higher portion of fat in the diet.

Can you post what you eat when you low carb

maxwell.inc, Jan 28, 11:13pm
How exactly is Butter, creams & fats unhealthy anjie!

From your POV!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 11:13pm
This might make a good birthday cake for DH!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 11:36pm
Anjie_kitty - thanks for your comment.
My eating plan is high fat, medium protein, low carb.
I consider that to be the healthiest way for me to eat, as my fat consumption is mostly saturated fat with the odd splash of olive oil.

marielize1, Jan 28, 11:42pm
Interesting link Uli, I see he was born and worked in the US and is now living in Auckland. Born in the 40s and educated in the 60s!No wonder he can bridge biologyandbelief with such finesse! (Tongue in cheek)he most propably experimented with a few mind expanding substances to get it just right!

All the same, I will be reading it and most propably enjoy it as well. No doubt, there will be something worth learning there. I am a big believer in positive thinking. Can only be better than "the secret" .

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 11:52pm
Thanks Uli - requested from my Library.
I hope they don't start charging for books issued!

marielize1, Jan 28, 11:55pm
Just requested that his new book Spontaneous Evolution is bought for the the Christchurch library.

marielize1, Jan 29, 12:01am
You and I most propably send our request for this one in at the same time!Have not heard anything about charging from this side yet. Somehow I don't think so.

uli, Jan 29, 12:06am
That'll blow your socks off LOL :)

Maybe read the "Vegetarian Myth" just before the "Spontaneous Evolution", that'll make a nice duo.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 29, 12:06am
Ah, Auckland Public have that one as well, so knowing my luck, they'll probably both come at once, or the most recent one first.

Waiting for me to pick up are "Living Low Carb" by Jonny Bowden and "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 29, 12:07am
Uli - I see that Free the Animal blog was blogging about disquiet in the vegan camp. I suspect that Lierre's book will have quite an impact. Jimmy will be interviewing her in a couple of weeks.

accroul, Jan 29, 12:09am
Big 'Thumbs Up' to the Australian Women's Weekly (NZ Edition) on their Feb edition! A 2 page article titled 'Diary of a sugarholic' - basically about sugar addiction. 'The only way to banish sugar cravings is to go cold turkey' says Caroline Scott.
The article's not entirely LC - more Low GI but it's heading in the right direction. I like the last paragraph ' In just two weeks, I've realised that I can get my sugar addiction under control by eating more regularly, upping my protein, drinking more water and staying well clear of biscuits when I'm feeling tired. In all honesty, I feel so much better that I don't think I'll ever want to go back to my bad old ways. Now that is a sweet feeling.'

bedazzledjewels, Jan 29, 12:13am
That's good news Accroul.
It's quite interesting to read Swedish doctor Dalqvist's blog. Recently she went to speak to medical students about her experiences using low carb/high fat in her practice. Although it's a translation (quite challenging at times!), the comments are interesting. There's a ground swell for change over there.
Long link for Uli. Scroll down for the lecture bit.

Link: http://translate.google.co.nz/translate!hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://blogg.passagen.se/dahlqvistannika/&ei=pRXPSdTDBZzU7AO61fnXAg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dannika%2Bdahlqvist%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GFRC_en___NZ204