WHAT IS ON YOUR CHRISTMAS DAY MENU?

Page 3 / 3
sarahb5, Dec 20, 7:40am
Yes it is - well it wouldn't be Christmas otherwise would it!

vintagekitty, Dec 20, 8:28am
Hey sarahb5 what are chocolate snails!.

vintagekitty, Dec 20, 8:30am
How lovely and what a blessing to have him here - enjoy

vtired, Dec 20, 9:38am
We are having roast stuffed chicken, roast rolled Hogget, glazed Ham, Roast pots plus boilded minted pots, roast pump, kumara, parsnip, cauli and broc cheese, baby carrots and baby peas.
Dessert is home made pav, trifle, cheesecake, lemon meringue pie and fruit salad. Tea coffee mince pies and xmas cake.

rozigurl, Dec 20, 3:29pm
We are having the big christmas with all the trimmings. MEATS Oven roastedTurkey wrapped in streaky bacon with a gravy on the side, a glazed ham on the bone done on the BBQ (no room in the oven with a turkey!) Its glazed with butter, sweet chilli sauce, brown sugar, honey and chinese 5 spice, and aplain ham cold ham on the bone. VEGES Minted baby pea, brocolli & white sauce, new potatoes cooked with fresh mint, roasted potatoes pumpkin. DESSERT Truffles, Pav, Triffle, Strawberry & cream. Yip thats EVERY single year. Like clock work.

cookessentials, Dec 20, 6:16pm
absolutely.

sarahb5, Dec 20, 8:08pm
Like this - our local patisserie makes them and my boys love them so since it's Christmas that's what they're having for breakfast

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/cooking-food/chocolate-dessert-recipes-d10992c182159.html

elliehen, Dec 20, 9:59pm
I make something similar with cinnamon and grated apple.I did Google chocolate snails and came up with a chocolate shaped like a snail and thought that was unlikely.

Happy Christmas :)

sarahb5, Dec 20, 10:13pm
I'm sure, knowing my kids, they will be eating chocolate as soon as they open their stockings although it won't be snails - I think Santa is bringing Hersheys Kisses this year .

cookessentials, Dec 20, 11:03pm
Have not done anything chocolate this year which is a change!

sarahb5, Dec 20, 11:42pm
Mr 17 wanted self saucing chocolate pudding on Christmas Day but that was vetoed in favour of pavlova and we're having it on Boxing Day now instead

cookessentials, Dec 21, 12:51am
Sounds lovely. I am doing a fresh apricot tarte tatin for a change. Might do a few truffles to have with coffee.

kokopuff, Dec 21, 12:54am
Were doing the good old KIWI BBQ as well as ham on the bone and all the yummy desserts. Plus Ive made a Christmas fruit cake using my nanas recipe. Merry Christmas.

sarahb5, Dec 21, 1:13am
I have Nigella's chocolate fudge to serve with coffee and special Christmas blend plunger coffee too!

nfh1, Dec 21, 1:17am
Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for breakfast.Not sure about lunch.Dinner is Venison, new potatoes, roast veges and salad.Pudding will probably be Ambrosia, my husband's favourite and so easy.All served with copious amount of excellent red wine!

cookessentials, Dec 25, 6:01am
Well, I must say that the pork, pistachio and prune terrine was delicious. We had it at lunch time with freshly dug Jersey bennes from our garden and fresh garden salad. I have made the tarte tatin pastry which is chilllig in the fridge and will be making an apricot tarte tatin in the next hour to have for supper.no dinner as we had a lovely lunch. Just about to have a glass of Urlar Sauvignon blanc.cheers